HighwayTrout's build

I'm pretty sure you can get this blank and have it cut by a locksmith that has laser abilities.

I don't know what it will cost to get it cut.

ordered. 👍
I’ll report back in a week or two when it arrives and I find someone to cut it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not a bad idea for anyone to get one for the pool, boat, or whatever.
I was thinking about it. But, you need the transponder to start the Jeep. So, if you leave your real key fob in the Jeep somewhere and take the valet blade with you, couldn't someone break into the Jeep and steal it pretty easily? All they would have to do is push the button to start the Jeep since the real key fob would be locked somewhere inside.

I was thinking about it. But, you need the transponder to start the Jeep. So, if you leave your real key fob in the Jeep somewhere and take the valet blade with you, couldn't someone break into the Jeep and steal it pretty easily? All they would have to do is push the button to start the Jeep since the real key fob would be locked somewhere inside.
Hmmmm. I was thinking that too cause I plan on just tossing it in the center console and locking it untill a decent under seat lock box comes out. I wonder if one of those RFID pouches would block the signal.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hmmmm. I was thinking that too cause I plan on just tossing it in the center console and locking it untill a decent under seat lock box comes out. I wonder if one of those RFID pouches would block the signal.
That's what the inter webs suggest. You need a faraday bag for the transponder (or maybe you could just pull the battery but that would be a pita).

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
That's what the inter webs suggest. You need a faraday bag for the transponder (or maybe you could just pull the battery but that would be a pita).

You guys are newbies ;)

If I so as much exit the vehicle while it's running to make sure my kid got buckled right, the damn cluster warns the shit out of me 'KEY FOB HAS LEFT VEHICLE.' Same if I'm outside the Jeep and try to start it by putting my hand on the brake pedal and pushing the start button (basically if I start the vehicle but I'm not going to get in it right away and the fob is in my pocket), it usually won't let me and says 'KEY FOB NOT DETECTED.'

Pisses my wife off if we stop at a gas station and I run in to grab something (with the fob in my pocket). She has to listen to the warning the whole time. We normally hear the warning as soon as I step out of the vehicle.

In other words, the range between the key fob and start button is a very short range. I haven't tested the exact range, but I'd imagine a locked steel box under the back seat or even in the bed would work fine. You could always use a cable lock to wrap around the box near the steel tie downs or something like that.

WJCO

Meme King
I just tested it to see. I put the fob on the back seat near the buckles (both sides). Started everytime. So inside the cab is not safe.
Put the fob on the front part of tonneau cover near the rear window. Started 1 time. 2 other times wouldn't start.
Put the fob on the rear part of the tonneau cover near the tail light. Wouldn't start at all (3 attempts).

Hey, those look good and a good fit! Been thinking that I might need something like that too.

I was considering getting the door sills Linex’d when I get my bed done. But for the price these look good and seem to do to as intended. We’ll see how well the double sided tape holds up.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I was considering getting the door sills Linex’d when I get my bed done. But for the price these look good and seem to do to as intended. We’ll see how well the double sided tape holds up.
We bed-lined the sills on our JK and these Rugged Ridge ones look way better IMO. We've had these RR ones on for many months now, tape holds up fine.

Wish I did this years ago. I added a garage door to this glorified goat pen. Probably would have been easier to bulldoze this thing and start over but where’s the fun in that?
9F387EF9-4E05-475A-9225-6348E7384614.jpeg .

Anyone want to come over to paint it with me next weekend? lol
Dreading that shit

Top Bottom