Hello? I have some shuddering with my Wrangler 2 Door. - 2nd article.

Twofinger

Hi,

I'm the one who posted this problem on August 3rd because of the canister vibration of my new Wrangler Rubicon 2D JL I bought on June 18th.

I've been examining most of my Wrangler's underbody for the past 20 days or so to find the cause of the vibration.

The cause was the vibration generated when the filter attached to the canister draws in air due to the intermittent operation
of the canister vent solenoid valve. (Figure 1)

This filter covered the outside of the filter with a plastic cover like an air cleaner, and between the space of filter and cover functions like a resonance chamber of an instrument, so it is a sound that is greatly amplified as the vibration of the intake air resonates according to the pulse operation of the Vent Solenoid Valve. . (The sound of a short, strong note played continuously with a trombone)

If I remove this filter and drive, the vibration does not occur at all.
However, I think that other problems may arise if I drive for a long time without the filter, as the filter was mounted for some need.
And from what I've done research, the canisters of the 2020-2021 Gladiator JT doesn't have this filter. (Figure 2)

I also noticed that the canister mounted on my Wrangler looked different from the mopar vapor canister filter for 1821 jeep wrangler jl 2 door currently on sale.

In conclusion, I have three questions:

1. What other alternatives way to the noisy canister vent filter?

2. Why doesn't the canister of the 2020-2021 Gladiator JT, however which is newer than my Wrangler, have a Vent Filter?

3. The canister vent filter installed on the Wrangler Rubicon JL 2D exported to Korea is an obvious design error.
Because in Korea, bought the Wrangler Rubicon 2D in 2021, People all had the same problem.
What department should I contact at Jeep's headquarters in the United States to raise this issue strongly?

Thanks for all replies.

Attachments

• 1. Canister Vent filter-1.jpg
    1. Canister Vent filter-1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1. Canister Vent filter-2.jpg
    1. Canister Vent filter-2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2. JT canister.PNG
    2. JT canister.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
I don't know the answer, but if it is truely a resonance issue, you may be able to get rid of the resonance by doing something to dampen the resonance at the resonance frequency. Possible solutions are changing the length of the tube, adding filler/goop (e.g. silicone) somewhere, or adding weight to whatever part is found to be resonating in order to change the resonance frequency.

Top Bottom