Has anyone done a JKL conversion on their 2 door?

John90XJ

That kit literally just cuts the jeep in half and adds 10” to everything. It’s a nice kit but for $10k it’s a lot. You still would need to buy long arms and all the other jazz.
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking but the rigs I looked at had all of the standard shock and link positions so you could continue with your existing suspension, all of the electrical, fuel, driveshaft and anything else you can think of is stretched as well. By adding the length between the axles there really isn't in change in wheel openings, just their placement. The factory wheelbase is 95.4", the rig shot was listed at 110" on the spec sheet. This may have been due to a slight punch out front with a Currie 3-link and Dana UD44 and the spec sheet does show a 2.5" rear stretch with Wide Open links for a 4-link setup with a retained track bar.

Attachments

• CRAWL Spec Sheet for Hendrix JKL.pdf
    124.8 KB · Views: 3

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking but the rigs I looked at had all of the standard shock and link positions so you could continue with your existing suspension, all of the electrical, fuel, driveshaft and anything else you can think of is stretched as well. By adding the length between the axles there really isn't in change in wheel openings, just their placement. The factory wheelbase is 95.4", the rig shot was listed at 110" on the spec sheet. This may have been due to a slight punch out front with a Currie 3-link and Dana UD44 and the spec sheet does show a 2.5" rear stretch with Wide Open links for a 4-link setup with a retained track bar.
You don’t understand what I was asking because I wasn’t asking anything. I was stating my opinion. Having this on a stock Jeep is pointless and having it on a Jeep with just 35’s is pointless as well. If guys are going for longer wheelbase it’s because they wheel. A longer tub won’t do shit for helping you wheel. If al you are after is wheelbase this kit is expensive for that. You can get a synergy 8” stretch kit for 1/5 of the cost as this and get the same wheelbase.

Ddays

Hooked
A JKU is 116" wheelbase. If the look is what you're after, that's cool. But like Ovie said, if you're wanting to wheel it lots more to do. Or, just start with a JKU like Dynatrac did with their JLU & close off the rear doors. Get bonus 6" of extra space free. 🤷‍♂️

Check it out

ScottofKSU

Caught the Bug
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the look of a stretched 2 Door - the pic is my desktop image at work for goodness sake - but, to me, it's an enormous expense for not much better of a "mousetrap"... That said, let no one crush your dreams if this is how you want to spend your cash! Capture.PNG

Top Bottom