GPS signal on Sat Navigator

Guascone

The quality of the Jeep's built-in navigation is pitiful compared to a cheap Garmin 7" driving GPS. I have mounted a Garmin GPS since shortly after I got my Jeep. Regardless, redundancy is a good thing. It is good to have everything working.
I agree with you and I already have a Garmin 700 i which doing the job very well…but as you said, I don’t like to have a device that is not working and the message “looking fo the GPS signal” is annoying me…

jeeeep

Hooked
My JLU navigation would do that, even if it would start out normally it would crap out with the GPS signal message.

Have you checked for an over the air update? Have you tried doing a Uconnect factory reset?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Before doing anything, check the physical connection between the head unit and the antenna. Until you verify the antenna works and the connection is good, anything else is a waste of time.

Guascone

After some test it seems that the navigator is done…somebody told me that the “aircard” is the responsible.

Do you know if it’s component replaceable?
If not, is worth to raplace the OEM unit with the same one or should I search for something better? Which are the options?

Top Bottom