GPS signal on Sat Navigator

Guascone

Hello guys, my sat navigator is always searching the GPS signal unsuccessfully. The previous owner didn’t solved the issue…is there anybody which can have any tips for solving the issue?

Attachments

• 89F13D60-8349-4C04-8486-C1645A873569.jpeg
    89F13D60-8349-4C04-8486-C1645A873569.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 11

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, I'm sorry, I'm not sure then. With a roof rack, both the GPS and Satellite Radio antennas can be blocked enough to cause interruptions like this. But, without, you should be good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I will check it and I will check also if the nav device has any missing connection. Mabe there is only the connector unplugged...:unsure:
Any chance your Jeep is still under warranty? If so, I might have your dealership give this a look first.

kevman65

Hooked
If it has NEVER worked, then it is probably either a software issue OR the head unit.

For software, it is whatever company in Europe that handles the account. FCA/Stellantis/JEEP will push you off onto this company.

Head unit is a dealer thing.

Guascone

Any chance your Jeep is still under warranty? If so, I might have your dealership give this a look first.
Unfortunately the dealer is too far away from me...I will try to fix it by myself.
This is not a such of big issue, I can still use the apple car play but it is annoying me

Guascone

If it has NEVER worked, then it is probably either a software issue OR the head unit.

For software, it is whatever company in Europe that handles the account. FCA/Stellantis/JEEP will push you off onto this company.

Head unit is a dealer thing.
whht do you mean with head unit? The physical Nav device?

kevman65

Hooked
I just looked at your info. I don't know if the info I have holds true for a 2015 JK, but on a JL/JT a hard reset of the system can be done by taking the battery leads off the main battery and completely separating the leads on the negative block (battery smart controller) and hooking everything back up after 15 minutes. After doing this, it can take up to 48 hours for all updates to happen.

But, most people who have Nav issues either end up going through company that handles the NAV/SAT radio account (Sirius in the States with a side of it through AT&T) OR by getting a new head unit. Unfortunately for you there is no warranty coverage on the head unit.

Guascone

I just looked at your info. I don't know if the info I have holds true for a 2015 JK, but on a JL/JT a hard reset of the system can be done by taking the battery leads off the main battery and completely separating the leads on the negative block (battery smart controller) and hooking everything back up after 15 minutes. After doing this, it can take up to 48 hours for all updates to happen.

But, most people who have Nav issues either end up going through company that handles the NAV/SAT radio account (Sirius in the States with a side of it through AT&T) OR by getting a new head unit. Unfortunately for you there is no warranty coverage on the head unit.
no, I sold the JKU...now i have a JT Rubicon 2020.
I will try to solve the issue in some way but I will not become crazy mabe I will do like you said and I will check with a NAV/SAT shop.

no, I sold the JKU...now i have a JT Rubicon 2020.
I will try to solve the issue in some way but I will not become crazy mabe I will do like you said and I will check with a NAV/SAT shop.
The quality of the Jeep's built-in navigation is pitiful compared to a cheap Garmin 7" driving GPS. I have mounted a Garmin GPS since shortly after I got my Jeep. Regardless, redundancy is a good thing. It is good to have everything working.

Top Bottom