go diesel or nah?

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I think the more important thing is that you get a rubicon or get prepared to spend more on upgrading things (i.e. lockers, fenders etc) that would more than exceed the cost of a Rubicon out of the box.

TR00PR

I have 43k on my diesel and the only engine related issue was a leaking timing cover.

My last JT (2021 JTR) had serious engine issues and the valve train ate itself at 22k. Plus, the diesel gets exceptional fuel mileage compared to the gas engine drivetrain.

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
This. I have heard of zero JT people with issues with diesels. Bunch of hearsay.
Have had my diesel JT 1 year, 28k miles clocked in this year and not a single problem. Love mine, wouldn't have made another choice other than a 392 unlimited maybe... but that is a bit pricey for me. Needless to say, know a few people with either diesel JT's or JL's.. not one problem. I have read about problems/seen some youtube videos. Sure it can happen, but from a reliability standpoint, these are gen 3 motors and the prior gen's have easily clocked 300k+ miles. Hoping that is the case for me, but you never know with the amount of tech and emissions gear on these rigs. Good luck in your choice, but I think Overlander is right... bunch of hearsay.

Top Bottom