Gladiator Rear Trim Removed.

vernnz

Have you removed the trim on the back wall of your Gladiator and not reinstalled it? Alternatively are you working on your truck right now and have the rear panel removed for any reason? I would like a measurement of those oval cutouts across the top of truck tub with a caliper. If you do not have a caliper do you have a complete (50+ piece) drill bit set? The shank of the bit should directly correlate to the diameter.

This weekend I was installing GMRS and HAM equipment. (Details of that will be in my build thread.) Anyway, I removed the rear trim panel. Fortunately I did not break it in half. Unfortunately I wrecked 4 of the 6 clips and/or mounting posts. I finished back there and got everything put back together. Onwards to the front. I had to pull the trim above the windshield. With some persuasive tugging and minimal swearing it popped right out. Well, lookie there. Are those the same copper clips?!? Why were these so much easier?

I looked but I cannot find a part number for these clips so I don't even know if they are the same. They look alike though. I am wondering of the "windshield frame manufacturer" and the "body tub fabricator" got different specs for their cutouts. A few thousandths would make a big difference with these clips. I would check myself but I cannot remove seats, bottom tray and both corner pieces...AGAIN. That was absolutely horrendous.

Thanks for reading. And if you can take measurements, thanks for that too!

Vern

Top Bottom