Gladiator Overland - Bed Rack

freebug

I just got my Rubicon Gladiator that I want to build out for overlanding.

For the bed rack - I'd like to use the Rebel Off-road rack. IMHO, it has the features I like.

Right now Rebel has a full height and a half-height bed rack. They are willing to create a 2/3rds height bed rack if there are 100 people interested in this.

My problem is this: I plan to install the Decked system in the bed. The 1/2 height bed rack isn't tall enough to accommodate the Dometic fridge + rails. The full height is too tall to mount bikes or other accessories up there so my feeling is that a 2/3rd height rack would be perfect.

Open to ideas and comments. Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Wait for the LoD rack. I think their taller rack is a 2/3 rd height. I’m looking to go a similar route as you describe, but there is no way I’m buying anything from Rebel.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

III%er

After surfing the LOD website I can't wait to see the 2/3 rack. the sim looks pretty awesome.:thumb:

Brute

Hooked
Ok...I'm getting ready to remove the bed cage in my Brute and go with a mid height bed rack so I can fit a Skycamp Mini rtt to be flush with my roofline so I can still fit inside the garage...

I did check out Lod's site, and sent them an email as to when they think they might be getting into production...awaiting a reply. I also checked several different other sites for Gladiator bed racks...and really liked the Fishbone mid height rack for my use. Has anyone here installed a Fishbone rack onto their JT yet?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ok...I'm getting ready to remove the bed cage in my Brute and go with a mid height bed rack so I can fit a Skycamp Mini rtt to be flush with my roofline so I can still fit inside the garage...

I did check out Lod's site, and sent them an email as to when they think they might be getting into production...awaiting a reply. I also checked several different other sites for Gladiator bed racks...and really liked the Fishbone mid height rack for my use. Has anyone here installed a Fishbone rack onto their JT yet?

That’s a shame that LoD is not responsive. They need to get into the market soon or they are going to miss a lot of sales.

I have fishbone flat fenders on Shark Tank. They work, but the build quality and fit are not fantastic.

I saw a custom tube build the other day (not on a Jeep). I’ll see if I can find the pic. I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Edit: found them. I love the custom look and the removable panels to make it like a shell if needed.

IMG_7005.jpg
IMG_7006.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
That’s a shame that LoD is not responsive. They need to get into the market soon or they are going to miss a lot of sales.

I have fishbone flat fenders on Shark Tank. They work, but the build quality and fit are not fantastic.

I saw a custom tube build the other day (not on a Jeep). I’ll see if I can find the pic. I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Edit: found them. I love the custom look and the removable panels to make it like a shell if needed.

View attachment 360305
View attachment 360306

That's very nice...but all that 1.75" dom is also a lot of weight...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If I had the tools to do it, I’d be all over a custom setup.

Might have to start looking around for someone local that his skills and doesn’t cost and arm and a leg.

Perfect height for me would be cross tubes/bars at the same height as the cab bars with the top off. My thought is that if I do take the top and doors off, it wouldn’t look as stupid. Basically, it would just look like a full cage.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
The only reason I have a bed cage in Brute was because my daughters rode in the back seat, and the way AEV closed the cab, aftermarket cages inside the cab was reduced to two door models only...which left the section over their heads unprotected in a full rollover...now neither of them ride with me...and I’m about to turn this truck into a camper/fishing rig and sell my XVenture trailer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
The only reason I have a bed cage in Brute was because my daughters rode in the back seat, and the way AEV closed the cab, aftermarket cages inside the cab was reduced to two door models only...which left the section over their heads unprotected in a full rollover...now neither of them ride with me...and I’m about to turn this truck into a camper/fishing rig and sell my XVenture trailer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Might be interested in that trailer if it becomes available.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just barely crawled out of a deep rabbit hole of xventure videos. Dangerous.

Same here... a couple weeks ago I dove in and this was the trailer co. that ended top of the list... I like the size of the X3. I really just want something cool to haul the kids Dirt bikes to the desert. I wish they had a more Bare Bones option and the tailgate folded down... I would need to sell a vehicle though to store it... and I'm not ready to do that.

Top Bottom