Gladiator "Must Have" Options

jesse3638

Hooked
Agreed. Hard to get used to. I just picture in my head going from first to 2nd like in my old mustang. So no matter what gear I'm going into in the truck, if I'm upshifting I think of a 1-2 sports car shift, if I'm downshifting, I think of a 2-1 shift. #FastAndFurious

I use it on steep mountain grades a lot. Nice feature.
Yeah I use this when driving my wife's durango in the mountains. However its side to side..haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

The arcade racing game I used to play as a kid you had to pull back to shift up. It's natural for me!
Sequential manual gearboxes are this way too... it's the right way.

Could you imagine being mashed back in your seat and having to pull yourself forward in order to upshift? You'd end up giving yourself massive whiplash on every shift. Haha!

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You know, I would take a 3.6 again with a manual. I’m not impressed with the auto

I haven’t driven a 3.6 manual, but I was not a big fan of the 3.8/manual combo in the JKUR that a friend of mine has. Too much work around town as a DD with no payoff.

But, honestly, I’ve never been much of a fan of manual transmissions in anything other than sports cars.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I miss driving a stick too but what don't you like about the auto? I really like it in my JL but I do have 4.10 gears

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s more than likely just the slow ass 3.6. I’m just not to impressed with it. I don’t really like crawling, I like desert driving and slamming gears and controlling speed with the stick.

It’s what I like about a jeep, it’s also why I like riding my Harley.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I haven’t driven a 3.6 manual, but I was not a big fan of the 3.8/manual combo in the JKUR that a friend of mine has. Too much work around town as a DD with no payoff.

But, honestly, I’ve never been much of a fan of manual transmissions in anything other than sports cars.

The 3.6 isn’t crazy fast with the stick, the auto is certainly quicker. I just prefer shifting.

Exodus 4x4

It’s more than likely just the slow ass 3.6. I’m just not to impressed with it. I don’t really like crawling, I like desert driving and slamming gears and controlling speed with the stick.

It’s definitely the slow ass 3.6 lol. They all need 6.4 Hemis

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked

Yes that makes total sense, I definitely enjoy letting it rip. I guess I'm happy for what it is, probably a 95% chance I'll trade for a 392 though at some point, or may do a conversion, as long as I know it won't end in divorce lol

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yes that makes total sense, I definitely enjoy letting it rip. I guess I'm happy for what it is, probably a 95% chance I'll trade for a 392 though at some point, or may do a conversion, as long as I know it won't end in divorce lol

I won’t lie, I’m thinking about the 392. But I’ll wait until someone loses their ass and buy it used.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I won’t lie, I’m thinking about the 392. But I’ll wait until someone loses their ass and buy it used.

If they put it in the gladiator I’ll either pick one up used down the road, or go for the swap with what I have. Either way, going V8 is at least six years out for me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Rather that start a new thread, I decided to just post here. For those of you who want to blast your gangsta beats like it's the 90s again, Alpine has a new subwoofer system that installs under the passenger seat of the JLs and JTs.

View attachment 366697 View attachment 366698
That’s pretty cool! Though I wish they made them applicable to the already-installed premium system. Having a little extra amp power would be nice, along with more control ability for highs, mids, lows, and sub(s) independently.

Top Bottom