Gladiator "Must Have" Options

jeeeep

Hooked
good thread, I've been looking at a JT and keep going back and forth on the options.

Everything I'm finding around here has the 7" screen, prefer the 8.4 really like it in the JL

The proximity sensor which sounds like a good option, didn't get it on the JL but remote start is a must for my use.

Max tow group seems elusive as well and those I have found only have the smaller screen :thinking:

Not sure about the cold weather group since I live in middle earth and stays warm 11 out of the 12 months.

WJCO

Meme King
Everything I'm finding around here has the 7" screen, prefer the 8.4 really like it in the JL.

Max tow group seems elusive as well and those I have found only have the smaller screen :thinking:.

Max tow package only comes on the Sport and Sport S models. And I think if you get the standard Sport (no power locks), then you cannot get the remote start. When I ordered mine, I could upgrade to the 7 inch screen, but not the 8.4. As of now, it looks like you can order a Sport S with Max Tow and the 8.4 inch screen.

jeeeep

Hooked
Max tow package only comes on the Sport and Sport S models. And I think if you get the standard Sport (no power locks), then you cannot get the remote start. When I ordered mine, I could upgrade to the 7 inch screen, but not the 8.4. As of now, it looks like you can order a Sport S with Max Tow and the 8.4 inch screen.

The Sport S is what I'm looking for.

JT's I've located thru Jeep build site and reference to the dealer site show they have the options I want but, when I go to the dealer site and look at the window sticker the options are not the same as what Jeep site indicates...the search goes on!

bonedoc

Thanks all, keep ‘em coming. It’s helpful to read everyone’s take.

Auto trans is a no brainer for me.

I’m up in the air about heated seats because I will likely put seat covers on the seats. Based on my experience with my JKUR’s, the factory heated seats don’t work very well through the seat covers. Covers with aftermarket heaters under them may win the day but I’m still undecided.

I’m a little up in the air about the Aux switches too. I will add a switch pro setup because the four factory switches is not enough for my needs. With that said, are the Aux switches a waste?

I’m definitely going with the decked system so I don’t need the tonneau cover. Kinda feel like I should still get the bed lined though (either factory or aftermarket).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Heated seats/wheel were a requirement for me... as per my wife. LOL

bonedoc

Good info here...as soon as the factory 6.4 becomes available, I’m pulling the trigger. Might be the last vehicle I buy, with the exception of a new Bronco, depending on how it evolves...

Agreed!! I have mine but I will trade it in or sell it and start over if/when they offer the 6.4L. I'm waiting to see if they do it before pulling the trigger and dropping a Magnuson Supercharger on current JTR.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ok, all else equal (including price) except for specific options called out below, would you get:

Mojave - Aux switches; Fox 2.5 Performance Internal By-Pass; Fox Hydro Jounce Bumpers; all weather slush mats; cab rock rails

-or-

Rubicon - Fox 2.0 Shocks, cab and bed steel rock rails; adaptive cruise control.

(Keep in mind that the Mojave doesn't have front locking differential, electronic sway bar disconnect, or the 4:1 transfer case but it does have some other things that the Rubicon does not.)

Oof. Hard call Sharkey. And one I’m wrestling with also. I’m leaning towards Rubicon knowing Id upgrade the suspension/shocks anyway. The front locker and edisco is worth it to me.

benatc1

Hooked
Eddie seemed pretty high on how the Mojave drove. I guess if your going to upgrade suspension with a lift then that component Doesn't matter, all depends on your plans. Id Be curious to see what the cost of upgrading rubicon suspension vs adding to mojave items that you'd actually want to add (like front locker, ect.) I'm sure I will go through this decision making when I buy my gladiator down the road. I need to look more into what Mojave bring to the table besides shocks and bumps

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I would honestly get the Mojave over the Rubicon. Most will upgrade to Prorock 44 anyways. Also doesn't the Mojave have certain upgraded frame areas for strength?
Just my opinion. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, all else equal (including price) except for specific options called out below, would you get:

Mojave - Aux switches; Fox 2.5 Performance Internal By-Pass; Fox Hydro Jounce Bumpers; all weather slush mats; cab rock rails

-or-

Rubicon - Fox 2.0 Shocks, cab and bed steel rock rails; adaptive cruise control.

(Keep in mind that the Mojave doesn't have front locking differential, electronic sway bar disconnect, or the 4:1 transfer case but it does have some other things that the Rubicon does not.)

I'd personally want the Rubicon. I didn't realize that the mojave didn't have the front locker or edisco.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Oof. Hard call Sharkey. And one I’m wrestling with also. I’m leaning towards Rubicon knowing Id upgrade the suspension/shocks anyway. The front locker and edisco is worth it to me.

No shit. I'm struggling here. To make it worse, I plan on running 37's at some point. I'm pretty sure that means the upgraded Mojave suspension would be tossed at that point.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

-or-

That’s a tough call.. really depends on how you’re going to build it down the road I think. Rock rails aren’t very strong so I wouldn’t put too much faith in them. If you get the Mojave, I’m sure you can find a set of the bed rock rails around somewhere to put on if you feel like you need them. If you’re gonna swap the front axle, the factory front locker isn’t really necessary... so I guess it all boils down to the transfer case and sway bar disco. That’s being said, I’d stick with a rubi. Everything the Mojave is missing would be way more expensive to add later.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Gladiator "Must Have" Options

I know the Mojave has the iron knuckles and beefed up frame. The rest is a wash if you plan to lift it and change the suspension. How many failures are there on the frame and knuckles to really make it worth while? I feel like the e-disco, front and rear lockers, and 4:1 xfer case in the Rubi are better to have than the iron knuckles and reinforced frame. Not to mention the bed side rock sliders on the Rubicon. The area of the bed behind the rear tires is easy to smash offroad and having those oem sliders back there really help, without having to buy something aftermarket.

Also, with a Tazer you can use the lockers in 4-Hi on a Rubicon. If you are planning to put bigger tires on the Tazer is most likely on your shopping list already.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The more and more and look at this and price shop, the more inclined I am to order exactly what I want, the way I want it...and likely in the Rubicon package. I ordered my Tank JKUR the way I wanted it and it was worth the wait to get only the options that I wanted instead of paying for all of the dealership package de jour stuff.

It’s the only way to purchase a Jeep in my opinion. It’s how I bought both my JK’s. Well worth the wait knowing it’s exactly what I want.

Top Bottom