Get it? Got it? Good or bad... So called vaccine.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You are more than welcome to think it’s dumb. And I agree some of the things that were put into place were way too reactionary but it still doesn’t change the facts that mask worn correctly help reduce the spread. The general public might not be performing surgery but it’s just facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not facts. The media scraped the shit out of 300 million Americans to not leave their house and become hermits. What slowed the spread is Karen at the grocery store no longer coughing all over everything when she is sick. People are not running all over the place when they are sick now like they always used to.

And showed me data that isn’t flawed if you want me to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
You are more than welcome to think it’s dumb. And I agree some of the things that were put into place were way too reactionary but it still doesn’t change the facts that mask worn correctly help reduce the spread. The general public might not be performing surgery but it’s just facts.

Keep on believing everything they tell you...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jab1719

What’s funny is how every one just jumps to such far reaching conclusions. All I said is masks work. Now I believe everything they tell me I should live in a hamster ball. I don’t agree with everything the government did. I don’t think the government should have shut down the country. I don’t think they should have that power. I believe people should do what they think is best for them. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. I just personally think masks work. Didn’t realize I had to be so far one way or the other. Kinda like to have my own opinion.

WJCO

Meme King
What’s funny is how every one just jumps to such far reaching conclusions. All I said is masks work. Now I believe everything they tell me I should live in a hamster ball. I don’t agree with everything the government did. I don’t think the government should have shut down the country. I don’t think they should have that power. I believe people should do what they think is best for them. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. I just personally think masks work. Didn’t realize I had to be so far one way or the other. Kinda like to have my own opinion.

I guarantee that you and I disagree in regards to masks working in the general public setting. And I actually do respect your opinion if you think that they work. Of course the hamster ball comment was sarcastic. And I also fully agree with you that the government has stepped way beyond their power in their response to the China virus. And I also thing any government agency that required mask wearing was an overstep as their authority as well.

jab1719

I guarantee that you and I disagree in regards to masks working in the general public setting. And I actually do respect your opinion if you think that they work. Of course the hamster ball comment was sarcastic. And I also fully agree with you that the government has stepped way beyond their power in their response to the China virus. And I also thing any government agency that required mask wearing was an overstep as their authority as well.

Sounds about right to me, I think we would probably agree on more things than not. I’m actually fairly conservative. In my job I deal with the government daily. I don’t trust them to do anything correctly.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sounds about right to me, I think we would probably agree on more things than not. I’m actually fairly conservative. In my job I deal with the government daily. I don’t trust them to do anything correctly.

Curious if you have read the Annals of Internal Medicine study on masks in the general population and whether you are aware of any other randomized control study that came to a different conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jab1719

Curious if you have read the Annals of Internal Medicine study on masks in the general population and whether you are aware of any other randomized control study that came to a different conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Nope, know a lot of doctors in the area and I trust their opinion. I gave my example of where they work and why they are good. You don’t have to believe me or agree with me. Again if you are sick and wear a mask it will definitely help keep you from spreading it. Best thing is if you are sick in general is to keep to yourself so others don’t get sick but I know that’s not always possible. Life doesn’t stop cause you get sick.

jesse3638

Hooked
How do you know they didn’t? My Wife and I got pretty Damn sick.. (knocked us out for like 3-4 days) around Nov/Dec 2019... Same happened to a lot of people I know... friends, family, co workers, teachers, patents at school... This area got hit hard... Then they announce Rona in April.
I know 5 or 6 people that say they were sick near the end of 2019, never once we're sick during 2020 but had anti bodies when tested, so it was definitely here before April

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Same thing happened at work. I got a mild cold with moderate fever in Nov 2019 several coworkers got knocked down pretty hard with a cold between then and Feb of 2020. Funny thing was one guy who confirmed he had covid tested negative for antibodies.
My wife has a PhD in Bioengineering so I’m gonna believe her on the vaccine over google. mRNA has been around longer than you think. I’m also glad we aren’t making vaccines the same way we did 75 years ago. That would be crazy.

As far as masks not working. Ask your surgeon why they wear a mask while preforming surgery. It keeps you from getting an infection from them. Masks work, not to protect you but to protect others. Unless you think the surgeon just likes wearing a mask for 12 hours during a complicated surgery just for shits and giggles.

The general public isn’t fucking performing surgery. We are buying a 2x4 at Home Depot.
The mask thing is dumb as fuck.
Yes you are correct in that masks work to help keep patients from getting sick during surgery. Problem is as pointed out no one truly understands their purpose. Is it to protect themselves or protect others. There are multiple types of masks our there. Don't even get me started on "face coverings". Additionally people don't know how to wear them properly.

Bottom line (maybe I'm selfish): It's not my responsibility to keep others safe and the gov should not mandate that I do. Provide us the information how to keep ourselves safe and let us make our own decisions. There is a word for it, but it escapes me right now. I think it starts with an "F".

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
Anyone listened to Erik Miller after coming up on the podium for KOH 2020. It was something along the lines of having the worst cold of his life and giving it to the co-driver a few days before the race. Pounding headaches and no energy but they pushed through for a podium.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jab1719

Same thing happened at work. I got a mild cold with moderate fever in Nov 2019 several coworkers got knocked down pretty hard with a cold between then and Feb of 2020. Funny thing was one guy who confirmed he had covid tested negative for antibodies.Yes you are correct in that masks work to help keep patients from getting sick during surgery. Problem is as pointed out no one truly understands their purpose. Is it to protect themselves or protect others. There are multiple types of masks our there. Don't even get me started on "face coverings". Additionally people don't know how to wear them properly.

Bottom line (maybe I'm selfish): It's not my responsibility to keep others safe and the gov should not mandate that I do. Provide us the information how to keep ourselves safe and let us make our own decisions. There is a word for it, but it escapes me right now. I think it starts with an "F".

I mean there are times where you are responsible to keep others safe and the government does mandate it. You choose this battle with masks but it happens in pretty much everyday life whether you want to admit it or not. Maybe you didn’t mean that comment in such a general manner but basically I try to treat people the way I want them to treat my daughter. If people truly only cared for themselves that would be pretty sad.

jesse3638

Hooked
I mean there are times where you are responsible to keep others safe and the government does mandate it. You choose this battle with masks but it happens in pretty much everyday life whether you want to admit it or not. Maybe you didn’t mean that comment in such a general manner but basically I try to treat people the way I want them to treat my daughter. If people truly only cared for themselves that would be pretty sad.

Yes I suppose you're right. It was a bit more general than I intended. Asking to help "protect" others using a method that is so all over the place is what I was referring to. Something with so many variables as to how it may be contracted is impossible to take all the precautions. Wearing a mask is just one way but there are many other ways to stull spread it. As overland said people simply staying home when they are sick is far better than forcing a healthy person to wear a mask. In all reality I feel the masks gave people a false sense of security and probably caused more spread of it. I do understand that driving freeway speeds through a residential area is not safe and greatly increases the chances of hurting someone. That is based on some pretty solid evidence.

jab1719

Yes I suppose you're right. It was a bit more general than I intended. Asking to help "protect" others using a method that is so all over the place is what I was referring to. Something with so many variables as to how it may be contracted is impossible to take all the precautions. Wearing a mask is just one way but there are many other ways to stull spread it. As overland said people simply staying home when they are sick is far better than forcing a healthy person to wear a mask. In all reality I feel the masks gave people a false sense of security and probably caused more spread of it. I do understand that driving freeway speeds through a residential area is not safe and greatly increases the chances of hurting someone. That is based on some pretty solid evidence.

I completely agree. Those are very valid points.

desertrunner

Problems are really easy to point out but finding solutions to those problems are hard. On paper if people wear masks the idea works. In practice obviously not. I don't agree with all the rules and laws but if you were the government what would you do? If you set aside kick backs and conspiracies on who's getting paid, how do you help the general public stop the spread? The doctors brought in as "experts" only have experience in hospital world where hygiene, masks, and sanitation work. I don't think you will ever be able to mandate the american population to do something that is 100% effective so we are stuck in this middle ground that feels half assed.
No 1 solution will fit everyone's life and I don't know what the right answer is.

My biggest question right now is what's the exit strategy? Do we reach a % of vaccination then we get the masks off and things open? If people refuse to get it when will we reach that %? If the FDA approves it not under the emergency order will more people get it, then we get to open? As of right now I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. This half assed rules for protection aren't going away unless something happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Problems are really easy to point out but finding solutions to those problems are hard. On paper if people wear masks the idea works. In practice obviously not. I don't agree with all the rules and laws but if you were the government what would you do? If you set aside kick backs and conspiracies on who's getting paid, how do you help the general public stop the spread? The doctors brought in as "experts" only have experience in hospital world where hygiene, masks, and sanitation work. I don't think you will ever be able to mandate the american population to do something that is 100% effective so we are stuck in this middle ground that feels half assed.
No 1 solution will fit everyone's life and I don't know what the right answer is.

My biggest question right now is what's the exit strategy? Do we reach a % of vaccination then we get the masks off and things open? If people refuse to get it when will we reach that %? If the FDA approves it not under the emergency order will more people get it, then we get to open? As of right now I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. This half assed rules for protection aren't going away unless something happens.

Just go to Florida for spring break. Problem solved...haha.

WJCO

Meme King

My opinion is that the solution should have been the government making it very clear that the virus can spread, it's dangerous, it's more dangerous in close range and then let people decide what to do. Period. Yes explain that hospitals can get quickly overwhelmed if caution isn't exercised. No masks. No business shutdowns. No closing churches. No lockdowns. It's not the government's job to remove our rights.

People can make their own decisions. I know two people personally who still haven't left their house in months. They're too scared. One guy disinfects his mail before he brings it in the house. His choice. A perfect example of someone choosing not to engage with society because of their interpretation of the seriousness of it.

For years, if our kids have sick friends, we don't send our kids to their houses. Just common sense IMO.

This virus will do what it does, and last year proved it. Even the strictest of restrictions did not slow it down (assuming the data of cases was accurate).

jesse3638

Hooked
My opinion is that the solution should have been the government making it very clear that the virus can spread, it's dangerous, it's more dangerous in close range and then let people decide what to do. Period. Yes explain that hospitals can get quickly overwhelmed if caution isn't exercised. No masks. No business shutdowns. No closing churches. No lockdowns. It's not the government's job to remove our rights.

People can make their own decisions. I know two people personally who still haven't left their house in months. They're too scared. One guy disinfects his mail before he brings it in the house. His choice. A perfect example of someone choosing not to engage with society because of their interpretation of the seriousness of it.

For years, if our kids have sick friends, we don't send our kids to their houses. Just common sense IMO.

This virus will do what it does, and last year proved it. Even the strictest of restrictions did not slow it down (assuming the data of cases was accurate).
Agreed. Give us the info and let us decide what to do.

All those precautions simply slowed down the inevitable IMO.

Top Bottom