FunTreks?

wnorton

I bought my very first fun tracks book. It is the California version. Well it’s a great book, Great information, organized well, I’m a little uncomfortable with the book being so far out of date. The book was printed in 2014.

That’s an example, the trip in Anza Borrego to the calcite mine is listed as an extremely difficult trail. Anybody that’s tried that in the last few years knows that they rebuilt the road and you can now get there in a passenger car.

so my question is this, who uses these FunTrek books? Is it worth buying others? Would I be just as well off using trails off road and Gaia maps?

Tixslam

I use them quite often in Colorado and Utah. I wish they updated them more often but it is what it is. I wish they had more than 3 trail ratings. I have done a lot of red trails in a basically stock Jeep. As for as the trail ratings they often have updates on trails getting easier or more difficult on the fun trecs website. I like the website over the books, you can download most of the tracks to your phone and use Gaia or other map programs for navigation.

wnorton

I bought my very first fun tracks book. It is the California version. Well it’s a great book, Great information, organized well, I’m a little uncomfortable with the book being so far out of date. The book was printed in 2014.

That’s an example, the trip in Anza Borrego to the calcite mine is listed as an extremely difficult trail. Anybody that’s tried that in the last few years knows that they rebuilt the road and you can now get there in a passenger car.

so my question is this, who uses these FunTrek books? Is it worth buying others? Would I be just as well off using trails off road and Gaia maps?
Have you tried onX off-road? Perhaps it would be more up to date for you.
I have. I like OnX but feel Gaia is more complete. I’ll take another look to see what’s changed in the year or two.
thx

Top Bottom