FLEX TEST : Will 37's Clear a JL Rubicon running 2.5" of Lift & Without Rubbing??

pop2tu

I’m curious if or when the temp warms up if the JLU will go into limp mode with the 37s and stock gearing. But it sure looks good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m curious if or when the temp warms up if the JLU will go into limp mode with the 37s and stock gearing. But it sure looks good.

Shouldn't. Certainly, it hasn't happened for us anyway. We've had our speed re-calibrated at the dealership too.

Very cool, I’m glad it all worked out for you with just some minor mods. Thank you for sharing.

You bet :cool:

2011jk

Impressive....when are you trying 40's ;) would like to see whats required for running them besides PR's.

Thanks.

It is very cool that it is so easy to make 37`s work.

However, where you live rust is no problem but for me with a lot of salt in the winters rust is a problem. When taking away those plastic pices the body is exposed to all the dirt and gravel that the tyres will throw up and in the end it will chip the paint and expose the metall.

Of course I do understand that it is proberly a fix to protect it in some way, maybee with some other "shields" that take less space.

Anyway, looks good!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good, You taking Jet Li for EJS? or one of the others?

Yup, we'll be taking JET Li to Moab :yup:

Just picked up our JL and took it out to work already!

Congrats to you, looks awesome! :thumb:

Impressive....when are you trying 40's ;) would like to see whats required for running them besides PR's.

Thanks.

LOL!! Wanna push the factory axles for a while and see how long they'll last but, hoping to get on 40's before the end of the year. :crazyeyes:

It is very cool that it is so easy to make 37`s work.

However, where you live rust is no problem but for me with a lot of salt in the winters rust is a problem. When taking away those plastic pices the body is exposed to all the dirt and gravel that the tyres will throw up and in the end it will chip the paint and expose the metall.

Of course I do understand that it is proberly a fix to protect it in some way, maybee with some other "shields" that take less space.

Anyway, looks good!

Thanks! It is nice to live where we do where we don't have to worry about things like salt. I'm sure I could have gotten more creative with the heat gun if needed though. :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

BruceyZ06

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - I'd like to add that for anyone looking into this kit, there really is ZERO need for the control arms. I personally would save your money and just install the spacers and shock extensions and call it a day.

Top Bottom