Extreme Recon - will it be enough?

The Extreme Recon package is now available to drool over at the jeep.com build site.

From everything I’ve read here and elsewhere, it seems like a good deal. Now I don't think I’ll ever go to 40s, but 37s
were kinda what I have always dreamed about.

So, is this package a “dead end” or can it be a sensible stepping stone to 37s down the line?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, it's a great package and one that I'm glad that Jeep is now offering. You really can't beat what all you get for the money and really, you can do most anything with just a set of 35's. If in the future you want to bump up to 37's, you should be able to do that with little effort.

Upvote 0
They do force you into the v6 eTorque with this package at this time, but I guess I can live with the big battery underneath…

Interesting to know why. The 2.0T is now heavily discounted.

Upvote 0

PoorDad

For the majority of the stuff I like to do, the Extreme Recon package is perfect. Mine will be a daily driver, but I also will be retiring in the next two years (give or take a few months) so I wont be racking up miles that are just to and from work. I have a commuter car I am keeping to do the 100 round trip commute until I pull the plug. I like that the package gives a mild lift with quality parts, better rims/ 315 tires, and the re-enforced tire carrier. What really sends it over the top for me is the 4.56 gearing. I like that minus a few things (winch, on board air, coms) this Jeep will be ready to go just about anywhere, and all under warranty. The only thing I am not all warm and fuzzy over is that I have to have the V6 with eTorque.

I was seriously considering getting a yellow 2 door Rubi, but Mrs PoorDad and the kid dont think a 2 door "looks right". At least she is on board with the whole idea of getting another Just Empty Every Pocket! I cant wait!

Upvote 0
For the majority of the stuff I like to do, the Extreme Recon package is perfect. Mine will be a daily driver, but I also will be retiring in the next two years (give or take a few months) so I wont be racking up miles that are just to and from work. I have a commuter car I am keeping to do the 100 round trip commute until I pull the plug. I like that the package gives a mild lift with quality parts, better rims/ 315 tires, and the re-enforced tire carrier. What really sends it over the top for me is the 4.56 gearing. I like that minus a few things (winch, on board air, coms) this Jeep will be ready to go just about anywhere, and all under warranty. The only thing I am not all warm and fuzzy over is that I have to have the V6 with eTorque.

I was seriously considering getting a yellow 2 door Rubi, but Mrs PoorDad and the kid dont think a 2 door "looks right". At least she is on board with the whole idea of getting another Just Empty Every Pocket! I cant wait!
That’s awesome. I agree with everything you said. When do you take delivery?

Upvote 0
That’s awesome. I agree with everything you said. When do you take delivery?
Nevermind - saw on another thread you’re waiting to order, as am I. Any idea when the 2022 will come on line? The only info I can find is “late summer.” Into the yellow idea but my family wants blue or white so it will probably be white for me 🤙

Upvote 0
2 door yellow Rubicon looks good to me!

Attachments

• IMG_20210725_085400.jpg
    IMG_20210725_085400.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
Top Bottom