Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

Tires are expensive. Lots of good options out there. Do your research.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
That's for sure. Narrowed it down between the STT Pros and Nitto Trail Grapplers. Leaning more towards STT Pros because I hear they hook up better off road. Less concerned about road noise since I almost like the sound of a mad swarm of bees haha

Nothing's set in stone however since I am aware of their chunking and softer compound.

jdofmemi

Just came across this thread...

Should I be concerned since I want STT Pros? Lol

I am still happy with mine, with about 26,000 miles on them.

They have their ups and downs.

The downside is that they chunk when pushed hard and grinding on rocks, especially sharp ones.

They took a bit to balance.

The upside is they hook up great in the rocks, do great in snow, for a MT, and are lasting good, as I still have roughly half the useable tread left, minus the chunked places. For my experience, I would consider buying them again.

fiend

Caught the Bug
That's for sure. Narrowed it down between the STT Pros and Nitto Trail Grapplers. Leaning more towards STT Pros because I hear they hook up better off road. Less concerned about road noise since I almost like the sound of a mad swarm of bees haha

Nothing's set in stone however since I am aware of their chunking and softer compound.

If you want the swarm of bees, go with mud grapplers. 🤣

IMG_4759.jpg

I’ve not run STT Pros but have plenty of friends who have, with mixed results. Trail Grapplers are a solid choice, as are Toyos. I’ve run both and would do so again.

MericaMade

The one thing I have to say I really liked about the Coopers was how quiet they were on the highway. If the 40 nittos didn't fall in my lap I would have most likely gone with 40 Coopers again.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The one thing I have to say I really liked about the Coopers was how quiet they were on the highway. If the 40 nittos didn't fall in my lap I would have most likely gone with 40 Coopers again.

Mine were quiet until about 40% tread. Then they were as loud as any other mud tire I’ve driven, mud grapplers aside lol

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
IMG_7525.jpg IMG_7525.jpg
This is the biggest problem I’ve had with my Coopers.
Guess the 3.8 is too much motor for them. [emoji849]

Sent from Look IMG_7526.JPG out Mtn.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I took a chunk like that out first trail first obstacle and it bummed me out.

Same thing with that one. Pretty much tore the lug off. It’s still hanging on somehow. They still ride good to be so chunked up. I have about 25k miles on them doing a 5 tire rotation.
I’m probably going with Mud Grapplers next.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

jdofmemi

Same thing with that one. Pretty much tore the lug off. It’s still hanging on somehow. They still ride good to be so chunked up. I have about 25k miles on them doing a 5 tire rotation.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

It's tough to get a good balance between how durable to not loose chunks, and how soft, for better traction.

Lots of wheeling on my Coopers, and a lot of missing lugs. They still ride good and have great traction with about 28,000 miles in them. My only flat has been from a lag bolt in a driveway, when they were less than a month old. Plugged it, and it's never leaked. They look pretty rough though.

Attachments

• PXL_20210125_184010010_copy_600x800.jpg
    PXL_20210125_184010010_copy_600x800.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 96

fiend

Caught the Bug
It's tough to get a good balance between how durable to not loose chunks, and how soft, for better traction.

Lots of wheeling on my Coopers, and a lot of missing lugs. They still ride good and have great traction with about 28,000 miles in them. My only flat has been from a lag bolt in a driveway, when they were less than a month old. Plugged it, and it's never leaked. They look pretty rough though.

Those are Jerry miles, not normal miles. [emoji6]

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

Holy Shit. I thought mine looked rough.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

MericaMade

Oh its time for the 40's Jerry!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

I shit canned my coopers for mud grapplers about 4 months ago. Best decision in a long time. Really happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Those are Jerry miles, not normal miles. [emoji6]

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mine might be tougher than most, your mileage may vary.

Hung up and continuing to grind while on razor sharp rocks does not do a tire any favors, I don't care what brand it is.

I am happy with the grip though.

Ddays

Hooked
My 37's were bought back when these originally came out back in 2015. I had zero chunking and still had tread left at 50k+ miles. I currently have a set of 40's that are a year old and I have zero chunking with them. (Mind you, these are East Coast Jerry miles, not West Coast Jerry miles). I wonder if there has been a compound change or something that is causing these to chunk. It's really a shame because this tires grip is as good as anything out there. And they wear great.

Top Bottom