EVO MFG Rear Bumper Fascia

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a question for those of you who have installed or know what installing the EVO rear bumper fascia entails. Is it just bolt on, or are other modifications required? I know that in order for it to be flush, about 1/2 inch of frame horn would have to be trimmed, but not required. Anything else? I thought I read somewhere on this forum that grinding of the factory hitch is required or something to that affect? I would be running this with the factory hitch. Thanks in advance!

Army_Vet

Banned
I have a question for those of you who have installed or know what installing the EVO rear bumper fascia entails. Is it just bolt on, or are other modifications required? I know that in order for it to be flush, about 1/2 inch of frame horn would have to be trimmed, but not required. Anything else? I thought I read somewhere on this forum that grinding of the factory hitch is required or something to that affect? I would be running this with the factory hitch. Thanks in advance!

Im pretty sure In Drew addressed this about a week ago, If I remember correctly he said its 100% bolt on with no mods needed. I saw a picture of it on here yesterday and it looks as if it has a cut out to go around the tow hitch. So Im about 80% sure you can run the tow hitch. Not firsthand knowledge but I hope it helps

GeckoGlow

Im pretty sure In Drew addressed this about a week ago, If I remember correctly he said its 100% bolt on with no mods needed. I saw a picture of it on here yesterday and it looks as if it has a cut out to go around the tow hitch. So Im about 80% sure you can run the tow hitch. Not firsthand knowledge but I hope it helps

This. I installed it yesterday.

Atch

The grinding of the hitch bolts was done on a homemade fascia NOT the EVO fascia.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I like the first pic better with square corners and how the hitch bolts through it. Wonder why two different ones? Steel and aluminum different shapes?

i think cause the first one was a prototype and the second one is what the final design is i believe.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Awesome, thanks a bunch, it is much appreciated! As usual all have been a great help! I hadn't yet seen the final production model. All of the pics I have seen were the squared off one. I'm loving it. Looks like I'm going EVO for my rear bumper and sliders!

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Still waiting to get mine, but for the guys who have installed already, how bad was it to get the bolts in for the d-rings with the nuts inside the frame?

GeckoGlow

Still waiting to get mine, but for the guys who have installed already, how bad was it to get the bolts in for the d-rings with the nuts inside the frame?

Pain in the ass! With the fascia on, everything has to be fished through the rear of the cross-member. I can't tell you how many times I dropped a washer or nut into the frame and had to take the fascia off to get it.

ChaosNein

Ya the wingnut is a bit of a pain. I will tell you that we fed them through the front and held them with vise-grips and then just cut them off and paint the cut part after it was done. A bit easier.

Rusty

Hey Drew, I asked a question in another thread concerning this, but because the guy who answered had a home made version ( no offence ), I was curious to know what the distance was between the top of the fascia to the bottom of the tail gate as I shop for reverse lights...

ChaosNein

Hey Drew, I asked a question in another thread concerning this, but because the guy who answered had a home made version ( no offence ), I was curious to know what the distance was between the top of the fascia to the bottom of the tail gate as I shop for reverse lights...

1392411679216.jpg

about 2.5"

ChaosNein

Just an FYI to all of you who purchased the Steel/Powder-Coated version... they are back from the powder-coater and should be shipping shortly!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Curious, what is everybody doing about the welds you have to cut when you trim the ends of the frame rails? Is it worth re-welding or is it good to leave as it is? I did a preliminary test fit, everything fits good, now I just have to tighten everything up or trim the frame rails and remount.

Sick JK

Curious, what is everybody doing about the welds you have to cut when you trim the ends of the frame rails? Is it worth re-welding or is it good to leave as it is? I did a preliminary test fit, everything fits good, now I just have to tighten everything up or trim the frame rails and remount.

I didn't have to cut the welds. I just cut off up to the welds and smoothed it out with a grinder and flap wheel.

Top Bottom