EVO MANUFACTURING FRONT OVERLAND CONTROL ARM DROP SET

JimLee

Hooked
Anyone used them? Pro's, cons? I know the answer is long arms, but I'm not ready to commit yet, too much other stuff going on with my Jeep right now. I also know I'll lose some clearance but I'm already going to be pretty tall on these coilovers (probably about 5 inches of lift). I'm on RK "mid" (AKA short arms) arms right now and I know the effect this much height will have on my suspension geometry. I'm thinking about using these as a temp solution until I have the time to get my Jeep into a shop for long arms in the future (I don't have the proper welding equipment right now). Thoughts?

benatc1

Hooked
I had them on my JT, super easy install, and made a huge improvement in ride feel. I agree long arms are probably the end all be all but certainly not needed in most applications. These fixed some death wobble issues I was chasing after a modest lift. Which didn’t make much sense but nothing else was fixing it lol. Also, I didn’t feel as if they hung down super far, I never got hung up on them but didn’t do a lot of rocks either

JimLee

Hooked
I had them on my JT, super easy install, and made a huge improvement in ride feel. I agree long arms are probably the end all be all but certainly not needed in most applications. These fixed some death wobble issues I was chasing after a modest lift. Which didn’t make much sense but nothing else was fixing it lol. Also, I didn’t feel as if they hung down super far, I never got hung up on them but didn’t do a lot of rocks either
Thanks! They probably fixed your wobble problem because they help add some caster to your axle (or at east get it back closer to what it was before your lift). Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh, I can buy them, its getting the mounts welded in that's the trick, the closest shop I would trust to do it is over 100 miles away. I'm not even sure I want long arms as I typically don't go bombing through the desert. But thanks for your interest dickhead.
View attachment 382095
I meant regular short arms. Long arms are more than $1500.

JimLee

Hooked
I meant regular short arms. Long arms are more than $1500.
I'm already on adjustable Rock Krawler arms. The problem is those arms are going to be at quite the angle with the increased lift. I'm trying to figure out if its worth it to go long arms just to correct geometry or just use a drop bracket.

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone used them? Pro's, cons? I know the answer is long arms, but I'm not ready to commit yet, too much other stuff going on with my Jeep right now. I also know I'll lose some clearance but I'm already going to be pretty tall on these coilovers (probably about 5 inches of lift). I'm on RK "mid" (AKA short arms) arms right now and I know the effect this much height will have on my suspension geometry. I'm thinking about using these as a temp solution until I have the time to get my Jeep into a shop for long arms in the future (I don't have the proper welding equipment right now). Thoughts?
I used the AEV drop arms on my JLU before I went to long arms.

Make sure the brackets work with aftermarket arms, most of them only work with stock arms

JimLee

Hooked
EVO answer,"Yes EVO Overland Drop Brackets will work with aftermarket control arms. It’s common to use them this way."

200w (2).gif

Top Bottom