EVO Lower Control Arm Adjuster Nut won't Tighten

TrailHunter

Hooked
Has anyone else had a hard time getting the large EVO adjuster Nut to stop spinning on the Johnny Joint threads... I've got the tension bolt tightened to 130lbs and the collars are touching... but the damn thing still spins.

IMG_9427.jpg IMG_9426.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Just spit balling here but… looks like you could shave a little bit from between the two collars the bolt goes through

TrailHunter

Hooked
Just spit balling here but… looks like you could shave a little bit from between the two collars the bolt goes through
...on the top... that's not a bad idea. I think I just need a little more... that bolt looks bent to hell.. that may make it bend even more..

jeeeep

Hooked
Maybe a thick washer on each side of the collars will force it to close flatter and not only at the top?
Is there room for a larger bolt?

Bierpower

Hooked
I feel like those bolts would do so much better with some washers. Mine look the same and I just don't like the way the bolt head sits on that ring.

Bierpower

Hooked
I was thinking a metric washer would have a smaller OD and just give the nut/bolt a better surface to sit on. I don't think it would change the effectiveness any.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was thinking a metric washer would have a smaller OD and just give the nut/bolt a better surface to sit on. I don't think it would change the effectiveness any.
The hole is a slightly bigger than the 3/8 x 24 bolt.... 7/16 is too big so it would have to be a metric. But it's holding tight... so I think it will be fine.. I've got spares now just in case.

Top Bottom