EVO 2.5 plushride spring alignment

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey there. I just got done installing the front end of my EVO Elements kit. I have the control arm brackets installed too. Now that everything’s buttoned up I noticed a small amount of spring bow and I’m wondering if I have the springs aligned on the perches well enough. I have a Mojave so it’s like a Rubicon D44. They index on the bottom and that part looks good. I have the right springs on the correct sides. The track bar is set to the recommended length 34 1/4”. Take a look and put my mind at ease before I move to the rear.

drivers side
8F61A71A-16C4-4724-AFFF-39DBB7EA06BF.jpeg
1C47C70D-2524-4F7C-8412-C66097151A5B.jpeg

passenger side. It looks like it’s hanging off?
5A609852-DD72-40AB-8895-DCC3112B7ABE.jpeg

EABC10EA-B718-4CF3-B479-58E5995FC31D.jpeg

The bottom appears to be correct. Not likely the issue but the upper rubber isolators are indexed with a small nipple along with the coil needing to be indexed in them as well. Would double check that.

The stock plastic “perches” or whatever you wanna call them could be the issue to the bow. Some kits out there even include new ones. Rockjock makes a good set and aren’t crazy expensive.

I wouldn’t think your castor is off enough with a 2.5” lift to cause an issue and to be honest, it’s not a crazy bad bow and may settle.

kevman65

Hooked
Yup, what he said. The top is the important part on the front. Nipple in hole on spring bucket and get the top indexed to the stop.

There are lifts that replace the top and bottom spacer and they change the index position.

sunnysideup

I replaced the lower index pads with metalcloak.... same as what the others mentioned, the stock ones are a little suspect. I don't have any bow in the front springs... as it was also mentioned... don't tighten your arms and such all the way up, drive it around the block, let it all settle in place and then tighten up the bolts when sitting on flat ground... that way you can be sure its in place!

I replaced the lower index pads with metalcloak.... same as what the others mentioned, the stock ones are a little suspect. I don't have any bow in the front springs... as it was also mentioned... don't tighten your arms and such all the way up, drive it around the block, let it all settle in place and then tighten up the bolts when sitting on flat ground... that way you can be sure its in place!
I mentioned the suspension settling but wouldn’t drive it with loose control arm bolts whatsoever. With that said, oem control arms should be tightened when the vehicle is back on the ground.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hey y’all. So @Disciple Off Road & @kevman65 were right. These were still while it was on jack stands. I put it down & tightened the control arms and it pretty much went away. The upper isolators have the pins in the holes, but there’s no notch like on sport and Sahara. It’s much better now. I just got seriously worried and didn’t want to put it back together to have to tear it apart again. The other thing I realized was my drive way is a bit crooked so the axle was at a slight angle. Thanks for the advice!

Hey y’all. So @Disciple Off Road & @kevman65 were right. These were still while it was on jack stands. I put it down & tightened the control arms and it pretty much went away. The upper isolators have the pins in the holes, but there’s no notch like on sport and Sahara. It’s much better now. I just got seriously worried and didn’t want to put it back together to have to tear it apart again. The other thing I realized was my drive way is a bit crooked so the axle was at a slight angle. Thanks for the advice!
Right on! Glad it’s all good and you have some piece of mind now that it’s all good 👍🏼

Top Bottom