Et Tu, Brute?...Part Deux

Brute

Hooked
I'm having two minor issues with Brute...first, the power locks are acting funny. Whenever I hit the lock button, either on the door or the key, it "cycles" rapidly several times on the driver door (locking and unlocking) before locking (sometimes only locking the other three doors). It has also locked the doors upon closing it (it locked me out on Dusy Ershim; fortunately my friend Phil had some very stiff wire to snake the door handle open) a couple times. Anybody else experience this?

The other issue is my heater stopped working...

I'm having two minor issues with Brute...first, the power locks are acting funny. Whenever I hit the lock button, either on the door or the key, it "cycles" rapidly several times on the driver door (locking and unlocking) before locking (sometimes only locking the other three doors). It has also locked the doors upon closing it (it locked me out on Dusy Ershim; fortunately my friend Phil had some very stiff wire to snake the door handle open) a couple times. Anybody else experience this?

The other issue is my heater stopped working...

I had a 2012 JK that the door locks were possessed like that. Same thing. Rapid lock/unlock cycling and locking me out just like what you experienced. Also only successfully locked all doors on occasion. As in randomly not lock the rear passenger door(Or any other door) but all other doors were locked.

Dealer fixed it and not exactly sure what they did. I took it in with a whole host of electrical problems. One of witch was the blend doors and no heat on drivers side.

Brute

Hooked
I do have an unusual noise recently that sounds like water gurgling when I first start the engine...

CalSgt

Hooked
I do have an unusual noise recently that sounds like water gurgling when I first start the engine...
Thermostat stuck open? Does the engine get to operating temp quickly & maintain, or is it all over the place & cooler than normal on the highway?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The front passenger doors on both of my JKUR’s have similar electrical gremlins. The electronic locks hardly ever work.

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2010 jku had the same lock issues. now only the 2 front unlock and lock properly and the rear doors cycle but don't unlock though they will lock once driving if unlocked.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
You’re gonna ditch the Xventure huh? And I had some weird electrical problems with my jeep the first year or two I had it. Things like windows not rolling down and such. They must have remedied themselves since I haven’t had a problem in a long time. Wonder if it’s Canbus related?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You’re gonna ditch the Xventure huh? And I had some weird electrical problems with my jeep the first year or two I had it. Things like windows not rolling down and such. They must have remedied themselves since I haven’t had a problem in a long time. Wonder if it’s Canbus related?
We had that too with the 2017. Rear window switch wouldn’t always work. Dealer of course couldn’t replicate the issue and it’s been fine the last couple years.

Brute

Hooked
Well, not ditching it...I love this trailer; but our girls are away at school...and beyond. Only makes sense to get it to a good home and make the Brute into a campmobile...

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well, not ditching it...I love this trailer; but our girls are away at school...and beyond. Only makes sense to get it to a good home and make the Brute into a campmobile...
Makes total sense. That’s a badass trailer tho. Brute is looking great.

Top Bottom