• A8308A6E-5B48-45B9-9FD4-1C3E0A4922F6.jpg
    A8308A6E-5B48-45B9-9FD4-1C3E0A4922F6.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 1439445B-9C6A-4C08-BD7C-8234CB54EC14.jpg
    1439445B-9C6A-4C08-BD7C-8234CB54EC14.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 106

Brute

Hooked
Had an interesting afternoon in the river...I waded out to a center gravel bar to fish both sides of it; it was only thigh deep when I went out. As I fished downriver an hour later, the river got higher and faster to waist high...took some work to get back to the shore. I’m resisting getting a wading staff, but might have to rethink that.

Attachments

• 953FFE98-2AB9-4321-B56C-EDB35BC1368D.jpg
    953FFE98-2AB9-4321-B56C-EDB35BC1368D.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 5139354C-F4CD-43E2-AD1F-E546A4313BCA.jpg
    5139354C-F4CD-43E2-AD1F-E546A4313BCA.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 114
  • BFB232D5-9B72-4134-9FFE-B375C5A191A7.jpg
    BFB232D5-9B72-4134-9FFE-B375C5A191A7.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 111
  • A95F5B0D-51C7-4FC4-B6E3-E3DEDD75DA0C.jpg
    A95F5B0D-51C7-4FC4-B6E3-E3DEDD75DA0C.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 112
Been there and it wasn’t fun. I still haven’t got around to picking up a staff either. Probably a smart thing to have. Last year two fishing acquaintances of mine drowned in the Kern River. Huge blow to the local fishing scene and a huge wake up call. I haven’t done much sketchy fishing since.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Been there and it wasn’t fun. I still haven’t got around to picking up a staff either. Probably a smart thing to have. Last year two fishing acquaintances of mine drowned in the Kern River. Huge blow to the local fishing scene and a huge wake up call. I haven’t done much sketchy fishing since.

They don’t call it the Killer Kern for nothin. One time I was up there for the weekend and three people died on the water. Separate incidents.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked

I pulled the reel off the rod and stuck it in my pack, and used my rod as a staff...should have only took me 3 mins to wade to shore...took me 20 long minutes. Needless to say, I couldn't pull the last two parts of my rod apart until I got home and had help...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They don’t call it the Killer Kern for nothin. One time I was up there for the weekend and three people died on the water. Separate incidents.

Back in my river guide days, a co-worker and good friend of mine spent about 45 minutes doing CPR on a fisherman on the Kern. The guy fell in about half a mile upstream of the put-in for the white water trip, filled up his waders, and that was all she wrote. Unfortunately, the rescue efforts were not successful.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
Back in my river guide days, a co-worker and good friend of mine spent about 45 minutes doing CPR on a fisherman on the Kern. The guy fell in about half a mile upstream of the put-in for the white water trip, filled up his waders, and that was all she wrote. Unfortunately, the rescue efforts were not successful.

You were a guide on the Kern? That must have been cool. In a past life I was a guide on the South Fork American. A fun little river, but nothing like the Kern.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You were a guide on the Kern? That must have been cool. In a past life I was a guide on the South Fork American. A fun little river, but nothing like the Kern.

No, but the company I worked for also ran the Kern and my buddy spent a month or two down there. I mostly worked the South and Middle Forks of the American and also the Yuba. Then I spent a month in Chile safety kayaking on the Rio Bio Bio before it got dammed and flooded.

Who did you work for? I was with White Water Voyages and then in Chile I spent time with Bio Bio Expeditions.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
No, but the company I worked for also ran the Kern and my buddy spent a month or two down there. I mostly worked the South and Middle Forks of the American and also the Yuba. Then I spent a month in Chile safety kayaking on the Rio Bio Bio before it got dammed and flooded.

Who did you work for? I was with White Water Voyages and then in Chile I spent time with Bio Bio Expeditions.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

ICO. Inner City Outings. Not a commercial group. We took down mostly city kids from Oakland and thereabouts. Also some groups of deaf people.

Brute

Hooked

I actually picked out a waterproof waist pack for wading, thinking it would keep me afloat if I got dunked in...I'm going to wait until it gets warmer and try to lay down in the river with it on and see if it'll float me with my waders on...

WJCO

Meme King
I actually picked out a waterproof waist pack for wading, thinking it would keep me afloat if I got dunked in...I'm going to wait until it gets warmer and try to lay down in the river with it on and see if it'll float me with my waders on...

Untitled.jpg .........

Top Bottom