Electrical/Wiring

kevman65

Hooked
Let me state clearly up front, when it comes to wiring I am a complete bumbling idiot.

So with that said, I want to present what I have done and make sure it is kosher. This is on a 2020 JT.

I mounted a 10" Baja Designs S8 light bar in amber and wide driving pattern.
Ground was simple enough, mounted the ring connector to ground bar behind battery.

Positive lead, used a butt connector to attach to #3 Aux wire in bundle behind battery. The butt connector covering is shrink tube, I put shrink tube
on wiring each side of butt connector and slid inside the butt connector. I heated that up and shrunk it down to get good seal tube to wire, connector to
tube. Then I hard a larger piece of shrink tube to slide over the outside of everything and heated it to seal to everything underneath.

Back light lead, got an "Add-A-Circuit" fuse tap, hit #52 in the fuse box, cut off the hard plastic butt connector and installed a new one that was a shrink tube butt and did the same as above.
Yes I checked everything worked before I shrunk anything down.

So, do I have enough condoms on these wires to where I shouldn't have to worry about my electrical system getting knocked up from what I've done?

Thanks (y)

kevman65

Hooked
If you know how to do all that and are a bumbling idiot... That makes me a blithering idiot.

You know how a certain Admin here does wrenching vids? If it wasn't for vids like his showing every detailed step and what to use, I would NEVER attempt electrical.
Give me wrenches, nuts, bolts, washers, lock washers and a general idea of how something bolts up and I'm golden.

Throw one fricken wire in the mix and forget it, I need my hand held and visual aids.

Upvote 0
You know how a certain Admin here does wrenching vids? If it wasn't for vids like his showing every detailed step and what to use, I would NEVER attempt electrical.
Give me wrenches, nuts, bolts, washers, lock washers and a general idea of how something bolts up and I'm golden.

Throw one fricken wire in the mix and forget it, I need my hand held and visual aids.
Only way I've survived lol

Upvote 0
Top Bottom