Eastern NC sucks for Trails.

I’ve lived in Eastern NC for 21 years now and I still can’t get Over the lack of trails etc in this part of the state ugh. Lol… no such thing as a quick trek in the afternoon after work. I’m originally from northern AZ and having the jeep REALLY makes me miss it. I’m a long time drag racer and being in the south East is a meca for that. I finally gave into the peer pressure and bought a jeep. An amazing and rewarding decision but damn, nothing with the exception of driving on the beach close to me.

yeah I could move but I have an amazing job in the aviation industry keeping me here. 🇺🇸🇺🇸

My condolences. My goal is to make Arizona permanent.

While some of Texas has public land with trails, most of it is private property. 😡

jeeeep

Hooked
you should visit Texas, if you find a trail, it's on private property so you have pay.

If it's public land, make sure you are carrying because we're overrun with illegals and drug cartels smuggling

and unless you happen to live close to a "trail", it's always an 8 hour drive to get there lol

Texas is not all bad. It does have a couple of actual mountains. If I drive for maybe 11 hours then I could get to one of them. 😄

You have to go to an area which seems like it should have been part of New Mexico.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’ve lived in Eastern NC for 21 years now and I still can’t get Over the lack of trails etc in this part of the state ugh. Lol… no such thing as a quick trek in the afternoon after work. I’m originally from northern AZ and having the jeep REALLY makes me miss it. I’m a long time drag racer and being in the south East is a meca for that. I finally gave into the peer pressure and bought a jeep. An amazing and rewarding decision but damn, nothing with the exception of driving on the beach close to me.

yeah I could move but I have an amazing job in the aviation industry keeping me here. 🇺🇸🇺🇸
I spent 5 miserable years in Jacksonville… not a fan.

The problem with eastern nc is the majority of the land is privately owned and the off road parks that are in the area are UTV/ATV only.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I feel your pain on this. I’m located in the upstate of SC, 2 hours south from Charlotte. My minimum drive for a trail is 1 1/2 hours.

JWasko

Caught the Bug
It could be Iowa, surrounded by corn and soybeans. There's gravel roads everywhere you look that take you around the fields to more fields, certainly no beach, no trails, just endless crops. Making it out to Colorado once a year or so is about the best one can do.

Brute

Hooked
It could be Iowa, surrounded by corn and soybeans. There's gravel roads everywhere you look that take you around the fields to more fields, certainly no beach, no trails, just endless crops. Making it out to Colorado once a year or so is about the best one can do.
Howz the pheasant hunting?

JimLee

Hooked
Funny, I have an amazing job in aviation in California, the wheeling is great but literally everything else sucks. IMO of course, no offense to people who love this communism.

Top Bottom