Dynatrac rotors on back order for weeks

Chris1015

Hi everyone, been a minute since I have been around. Browsed the site and saw a ton of familiar names. Hoping to not infringe on the forum rules here. Anyone with the Dynatrac Pro Grips have any issues with this set? I've ran them for two years now and my brake pads and rotors were worn down to nothing but a grind. Pretty unhappy with how they have lasted. A part of the brake pad actually cracked off in my garage as I was backing out and had to pull the E brake. Haven't been able to drive it for a month now. To start out they were great. Dynatrac has not had replacement front rotors in stock for probably well over a month now. I've contacted Dynatrac several times to try and get an update on when replacement rotors will be available to order, but nothing. They can't give me any estimate either. Can only check the site daily hoping to see an "in stock" note.

What was your useful life on the set?
Anybody know of any places that may on some off chance carry Dynatrac rotors? I've tried multiple places, including Exodus and seems like everyone just gets their parts straight from Dynatrac.
I'm sure theres 100 threads on pro grips, but if anyone would care to share their .02 on them, I'd love to hear.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any pics of how bad the rotors are? If not horrible (and your able to measure the thickness) you could just slap some cheap temp pads on for the time being till you can get a new set of pads and rotors

Ddays

Hooked
Too bad you're having issues with yours. The set of axles I used to have had 40k or so when I sold them with not a lot of wear. I did replace the pads once before a long trip just because. As far as I know they are still on the axles going strong.

It's not surprising that the rotors are on backorder. I believe they are made domestically and every cast iron foundry in the US is turning away work they're so busy. No such thing as a rush job any more.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Ddays said, all the foundries in the US are way backed up. If needed, I would just run OE pads and rotors until they become available again.

jeeeep

Hooked
The pads that came with the Pro Grips didn't last very on my heavy 4dr JKU, 37x13.50 Coopers. Once they got to about 1/2 their original thickness they fell apart fast. I switched to Wagner OEx pads, they stop just as well but without all the brake dust and they last longer. I also check them every time I get the tires rotated.

Depending on how bad the rotors are, you can have them turned, I caught mine in time and the rotor wear wasn't so bad they couldn't be turned

Also what Eddie stated, get a set of OEM rotors, when you're done with them put them in VCI paper to keep them from rusting for future use (I sprayed mine with WD-40 corrosion inhibitor and wrapped them in VCI paper).

Top Bottom