Dynatrac pro grip install question

JAGS

Hooked
You most likely have a bent rear passenger axle "flange" and not necessarily the axle shaft.

I've had this issue in the past and the symptoms were exactly the same as yours. Slight wheel wobble and intermittent squeaks of brakes that go away with slight brake pressure.

jeeeep

Hooked
You most likely have a bent rear passenger axle "flange" and not necessarily the axle shaft.

I've had this issue in the past and the symptoms were exactly the same as yours. Slight wheel wobble and intermittent squeaks of brakes that go away with slight brake pressure.

oops..yeah I always mistakenly refer to it as the axle shaft cause it seems easier to replace the whole assembly then to remove and replace the flange.

LarryG

did you use the new clips, apply some brake grease on the slide pin, back of brake pad and on the brake pad ears?

did you check that the ears slid within the metal clips? I file the ears to remove any paint clumps or rough spots so they will slide easily within the metal clips.

Did you do the brake break-in as instructed?

Upgraded my PR60s with Pro Grip on the rear...no instructions, just parts thrown in a box....anyone care to share the instructions?

TrailHunter

Hooked
What is the best grease for the brake pad stainless caliper clips? I ran through some bad silt last year and ended up removing the grease I initially installed because it was gummed up.... but now I am getting all kinds of weird squeaks and I think the lack of grease on the clips is the culprit.. (I hope)

wjtstudios

Hooked
What is the best grease for the brake pad stainless caliper clips? I ran through some bad silt last year and ended up removing the grease I initially installed because it was gummed up.... but now I am getting all kinds of weird squeaks and I think the lack of grease on the clips is the culprit.. (I hope)
I used Permatex Extreme brake grease. It still gummed up a bit after 5-10K depending how much mud and dust they were taken thru. Those Dynatrac Brakes also generate a ton of brake dust and that contributes as well.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I used Permatex Extreme brake grease. It still gummed up a bit after 5-10K depending how much mud and dust they were taken thru. Those Dynatrac Brakes also generate a ton of brake dust and that contributes as well.
Do you think White lithium is ok? I have that.

Ddays

Hooked
Bob the oil guy says this:

"Nope. Never use petrolium-based (lithium or not doesn't matter) grease in caliper sliding pins. Always use synthetic grease made specifically for brake caliper sliding pins and rubber boots such as sylglide, CRC brake caliper synthetic grease, Gunk syn brake grease with added molybdium, or Permatex syn lube"

TrailHunter

Hooked
Bob the oil guy says this:

"Nope. Never use petrolium-based (lithium or not doesn't matter) grease in caliper sliding pins. Always use synthetic grease made specifically for brake caliper sliding pins and rubber boots such as sylglide, CRC brake caliper synthetic grease, Gunk syn brake grease with added molybdium, or Permatex syn lube"
Tell Bob the oil guy... The clips.... not the pins.

Bierpower

Hooked
We always used a silicone based grease for brake parts. Any petroleum based product is going to start breaking down in the heat of the brakes.
We would test drive cars after a brake job and do one firm stop from about 45mph. When we pulled them in the shop and checked them with the temp gun they were usually around the 3-400 degree range.

Top Bottom