Dynatrac Brake question

TrailHunter

Hooked
Whelp, surprise surprise, they sold me the wrong fucking caliper. :mad:

I just spent the last 2 hours online looking for a new caliper but from what I can find, they are no longer in production. So either Dynatrac also uses reman calipers, or they have a source making them. I did find a NOS one on Ebay but that thing is 25 years old and I'd probably have to rebuild it too. Found one on Carid that's the correct one. Probably take a month to get here...

There is a large auto parts chain here that I use, which supplies all the mechanic shops in the Los Angeles area... if you tell me exactly what you need.. and year... I can make a call tomorrow. If they have it.. I'll buy it and ship it to ya.

Ddays

Hooked
There is a large auto parts chain here that I use, which supplies all the mechanic shops in the Los Angeles area... if you tell me exactly what you need.. and year... I can make a call tomorrow. If they have it.. I'll buy it and ship it to ya.

Thanks for the offer man! I just found a reman Motorcraft one on Ebay that matches the one I have. Pics help! If this one is screwed up it's on me!

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the offer man! I just found a reman Motorcraft one on Ebay that matches the one I have. Pics help! If this one is screwed up it's on me!

Hope it works. Motorcraft tends to be better than the aftermarket ones from parts stores from my experience. Honestly, I've had so many rebuilt loaded calipers from parts stores that leak, wear pads out crazy quick, make noise, have fucked up threads, etc. I haven't dealt with any with a major safety issue, but the quality control sucks. They're great in a pinch to get you back on the road but certainly not a comfortable long-term solution from my experience.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What sucks is that I was hoping these new brakes would be better than the 2005 Dodge 1500 brakes I have on my PR60, especially when it comes to finding parts.

Ddays

Hooked
Hope it works. Motorcraft tends to be better than the aftermarket ones from parts stores from my experience. Honestly, I've had so many rebuilt loaded calipers from parts stores that leak, wear pads out crazy quick, make noise, have fucked up threads, etc. I haven't dealt with any with a major safety issue, but the quality control sucks. They're great in a pinch to get you back on the road but certainly not a comfortable long-term solution from my experience.

What sucks is that I was hoping these new brakes would be better than the 2005 Dodge 1500 brakes I have on my PR60, especially when it comes to finding parts.

I first tried to find a seal kit for the caliper, but after seeing the fun I had just looking for a '97 F350 unloaded caliper, I decided to find a caliper first and then get the kit. So many different parts came up that weren't even close to what mine looked like that I finally resorted to looking at pics on Ebay to find the right one :crazyeyes: I'm planning on finding a seal kit next. I'm sure that will be an adventure too

Rst8rox

I’ve been running Raybestos f350 calipers on my ECGS d60 and have had great luck. Not the cheapest but the work and stay looking great for a long time. If your still looking lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Im not sure if this will help, but I just went through this with mine. Mine are 100% front 08-11 Ford E250 brakes, yes off there HD van. Rears are off of 13-18 ram 1500. I just replaced three calipers last month. I hope this helps.

jdofmemi

Would that be what is on the PR60 on the rear of Vengeance by chance? I seen the pentagram logo on the caliper, so assuming some type of Dodge.

I need to figure it out so I can find the right brake lines, since one got pinched.

The real mystery is this: the last day on the trail, the pedal got soft, and Andy found the leak. We could clearly see bubbles coming out when the pedal was pushed.
The reservoir was down nearly half as well, so we topped it, and I got out of the park and to the motel carefully.
The next day, and all the way home, the pedal was hard, and it lost no fluid🤔

Ddays

Hooked
Im not sure if this will help, but I just went through this with mine. Mine are 100% front 08-11 Ford E250 brakes, yes off there HD van. Rears are off of 13-18 ram 1500. I just replaced three calipers last month. I hope this helps.

Thanks Jeff. I noticed the E350 part kept popping up in my searches the other day. I finally gave up looking at P/N's because half were discontinued & referenced completely different numbers. I started looking at the pics
& finally found what I was looking for. Shame you had to replace 3. Were the seals all leaking?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would that be what is on the PR60 on the rear of Vengeance by chance? I seen the pentagram logo on the caliper, so assuming some type of Dodge.

I need to figure it out so I can find the right brake lines, since one got pinched.

The real mystery is this: the last day on the trail, the pedal got soft, and Andy found the leak. We could clearly see bubbles coming out when the pedal was pushed.
The reservoir was down nearly half as well, so we topped it, and I got out of the park and to the motel carefully.
The next day, and all the way home, the pedal was hard, and it lost no fluid🤔

Unfortunately, the rear brakes are from a J8. At least, they should be. However, brake lines should be the same as what is on a JK.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Thanks Jeff. I noticed the E350 part kept popping up in my searches the other day. I finally gave up looking at P/N's because half were discontinued & referenced completely different numbers. I started looking at the pics
& finally found what I was looking for. Shame you had to replace 3. Were the seals all leaking?

No problem!! I ripped a line off the last run of the season last year. My focus was on that wheel, but after throwing money at it I finally figured it out. I had knocked the bleed screw-in both back brakes, but you couldn’t see anything leaking but it was.

Yes the rears were the same part number as the j8’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Unfortunately, the rear brakes are from a J8. At least, they should be. However, brake lines should be the same as what is on a JK.

Now they are together, they don't look quite the same. Close, but...

I will say they feel stronger than the Dynatrac big brake kit on the fusion axles on my original JK

Top pic is Vengeance, with vented rotors. Bottom is my original

Attachments

• PXL_20210331_222126782.MP_copy_600x800.jpg
    PXL_20210331_222126782.MP_copy_600x800.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20210331_222102318.MP_copy_600x800.jpg
    PXL_20210331_222102318.MP_copy_600x800.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom