Doorless Mirror Solutions

JeepJeep75

The weather is getting nicer, it's time to peel off your doors and let it all hang out!! But what about your mirrors?!?! Don't wanna get hassled by the Man, so let's see pictures of what you have for mirrors. I did some DIY's:
IMG_8547.jpg IMG_8538.jpg IMG_8544.jpg IMG_8545.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mods, not sure if I landed this in the right section. Please move as necessary. Thank you!!

This is technically a show and tell post but being that it's so specific to the JK and something others could benefit from, I think this is a good place for your post. Glad that you started it too as I think a lot of people would have missed it otherwise being that it was only in your build thread.

JeepJeep75

This is technically a show and tell post but being that it's so specific to the JK and something others could benefit from, I think this is a good place for your post. Glad that you started it too as I think a lot of people would have missed it otherwise being that it was only in your build thread.

Thank you!

FuriousDz

I considered something like this but the passenger side sticky mirror isn't outside the jeep enough for me to see much behind the jeep.

Yeah definitely doesn't give you as much coverage as a mirror hanging of the side of the Jeep. I usually wind up turning my head to look behind me anyway especially if you have a large spare hanging off the back it really starts to limit the use of your mirrors

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I think there's already a thread on this, but whatever. I have the rugged ridge relocation brackets. Line of sight sucks on the passenger side but they're there permanently.

IMG_0688.jpg

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
IMG_2445.jpg

Carolina Metal Masters....

Plus they are sprayed in Cerakote

Yes...Doors are still on just took a pic for reference

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Doorless virgins here but we used the quadratec ones that go inside the upper hinge bores for the first time yesterday. Everything about them is great but my wife, the driver, said she could barely see the passenger mirror. We may do something different.

Joe416

I have the rectangular Barricade mirrors. They attach to the top door hinge. It's still to damn cold on my days off to get the top and doors off so I haven't used them yet. I drove w/o mirrors last summer not going to do it again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mikecal9985

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Timely thread! $20 motorcycle mirrors modified to screw onto the "A" pillar:

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

Still working on the drivers side.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I can tell you not to waste the $60 on the rugged ridge rectangle mirror. They whistle like crazy at 25+mph. It's the sharp edge on the rubber strip around the mirrors. I filled it in with RTV, and now it looks like shit. Another bonus, the hard polyurethane bushings are so slick, the mirror won't hold position either.

They're sitting on the shelf as a reminder not to buy chinese crap. I went with the domed mirrors stuck to the vents, but have not had a chance to try them out yet.

black pearl

Hooked
I stared out with the RT off road mirrors that drop into the top door hinge they make the jeep legal but are almost useless when moving as they bounce so much now I have body mount mirrors and love them

Top Bottom