Do you prefer “On X Off” or “Trails Offroad” (with Gaia)?

kbp810

Caught the Bug
I was primarily using Gaia, as it does the job and worked over carplay (convenient); but looks like onX finally has Carplay support after this last app update. In my area, Gaia does great in National Forest areas, but not so stellar on state land (or at least I haven't been able to find a good reliable map source to load into it); where as onX default/preloaded maps seem to have our state land very well documented. I was only using onX because of the free trial from Jeep; but will probably keep subscriptions active for both.

J-Frame

That is interesting. I didn’t look, but wondering if those of you prefering Gaia are mostly out West? Here in mountainous TN, Gaia is not so hot. We were on two maintained Forest Service Roads that are many decades old this weekend and neither even shows up on Gaia. We were talking about trying Onx to see if it was better, my brother uses it in our area when hunting and said he is experience is the same as ours, Gaia is lacking compared to Onx. I have no experience with Onx yet, but I think I will buy it and compare.

Top Bottom