DIY hard top hoist

Chris1015

Hey all, spent the day fixing up a few screw hooks into my garage ceiling. Would like to shout out Eddie for this job. Thanks for the inspiration and the video you put up. It was helpful but of course no project is always the same so I had some stuff I had to work out on my own. 🤪

I used 4 longer screw hooks, and 2 of the same screw eye hooks Eddie had in his video. I got 10' rachet straps from tractor supply for $10 ($5 off on sale). Got lucky and had an 8' 2x4 in the basement.

Hard top was 61". I marked out 69" and 48" towards my garage door. The hard top is 40" long but did 48" (no stud available). The straps got snagged on rear passenger end so had to troubleshoot that by lowering it down and raising it back up.

Got the Bestop glide soft top coming (hopefully, damn corona) in the coming days from Exodus Jeeps so I wanted to get a safe and permanent spot for the top. As always, Bubba was very helpful in getting my order set up.

Attachments

• 20200419_212751.jpg
    20200419_212751.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200419_212726.jpg
    20200419_212726.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Hey all, spent the day fixing up a few screw hooks into my garage ceiling. Would like to shout out Eddie for this job. Thanks for the inspiration and the video you put up. It was helpful but of course no project is always the same so I had some stuff I had to work out on my own. 🤪

I used 4 longer screw hooks, and 2 of the same screw eye hooks Eddie had in his video. I got 10' rachet straps from tractor supply for $10 ($5 off on sale). Got lucky and had an 8' 2x4 in the basement.

Hard top was 61". I marked out 69" and 48" towards my garage door. The hard top is 40" long but did 48" (no stud available). The straps got snagged on rear passenger end so had to troubleshoot that by lowering it down and raising it back up.

Got the Bestop glide soft top coming (hopefully, damn corona) in the coming days from Exodus Jeeps so I wanted to get a safe and permanent spot for the top. As always, Bubba was very helpful in getting my order set up.
Nice but why hang it so low when you have all that room? Hell I would love to have that kind of ceiling height.

Nice but why hang it so low when you have all that room? Hell I would love to have that kind of ceiling height.

I agree. First off, awesome you have a solution but I'd recommend raising it up high as possible. I used a hoist and just raise mine up all the way to the ceiling.

Chris1015

The garage is a little tall at 14'. The top isnt all the further up because the straps were getting stuck on the teeth on side when I was rigging them up to the top and overlapping too far. I'll try it again tonight and see if I can get it higher. 🤓

bmkrinne

I love finishing a project, stepping back and admiring the results! Yours turned out well, sir.

BTW, you have WAY too much room and not enough shit piled in your garage. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom