Decked vs AluCab Drawers

SeaSharp

Doing some research and not finding many bake-offs on Decked vs AluCab drawers. I'm going to install an AluCab Contour on top of the bed, but trying to figure out which drawer / slide-out system to go with. If you have any thoughts, please share!

Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I guess I'm a little confused here but, is it safe to say that you are NOT actually interested in Decked at all, have already decided to get an AluCab and just want to know which of their slide-out systems to get?

kevman65

Hooked
Sorry, I guess I'm a little confused here but, is it safe to say that you are NOT actually interested in Decked at all, have already decided to get an AluCab and just want to know which of their slide-out systems to get?
No, he's getting an AluCab bed cap, he IS asking for opinions on which drawer system is better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, he's getting an AluCab bed cap, he IS asking for opinions on which drawer system is better.
Ah. Well, like I said, I was a bit confused. Thanks for clearing that up. 😁

That said, I personally like the Decked system as I think it's somewhat lighter, made to fit a Gladiator specifically, has a useable deck on top, does a pretty good job of using up a lot of the empty space, can carry a lot of weight and is made in the USA :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a dog in this fight, but ANY drawer system made of metal is going to be noisy when the vehicle is in motion.
No way to avoid it as things flex, bounce, slide.
Didn't even think about that but yes, I can only imagine. o_O

SeaSharp

I would guess you spend too much time on expedition portal. That shit is ugly. Along with the cap.
You mean Alu Cab? Yeah looks wise I don't like it, but structurally I think it is sound. And no, not on the expedition portal. I am just researching. I've come across RSI Smart Cap as well as others, but open to suggestions at this point if there is something better I should be looking at.

Top Bottom