Death Wobble

IronPig2

I’ve recently put new steering components along with new ball joints on my ‘02 Wrangler, it has a 4” lift on 35”tires,I took it today to finally get it aligned and developed a case of death wobbles. I changed the pan hard and shimmy shock and it’s still there. Im looking for a place to start looking if anyone has any fresh ideas. Thank you for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to WAYALIFE. Make sure all bolts are torqued properly since the symptom didn't exist prior to the new work.

IronPig2

Everything was done properly ( I was in the shop with the tech) we tried neutral toe along with in and out to a safe degree with the same results even spin balanced both front tires.

WJCO

Meme King
For death wobble to occur, there has to be play somewhere. Possibly even an elongated bolt hole where the track bar mounts.

Bustedback

Are the track bar and drag link angles the same? If they’re not parallel you will get death wobble.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

jdofmemi

Did you check that every bolt is properly torqued?

Also, check the holes the track bar bolts too for any sign they are oblong.
You have to drop the track bar to check.

As said by others, something you changed is likely not quite right.

IronPig2

Did you check that every bolt is properly torqued?

Also, check the holes the track bar bolts too for any sign they are oblong.
You have to drop the track bar to check.

As said by others, something you changed is likely not quite right.

The only thing changed initially was just the toe and as I stated all of them parts were replaced with less than 100 miles on them before the alignment the wobbles started after the alignment. Nothing else was touched at first.

Top Bottom