Dealing with Covid

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the drugs that have been found to be helpful including ivermectin and remdesivir ARE in fact FDA approved. I should also note that it typically takes 10 years or more for a drug to get FDA approved and for a very good reason. I'm sure it's just me but it seems kind of crazy that a brand new drug that doesn't stop a virus from infecting you and doesn't stop it from being transmitted, one that I personal know people (close friends) who've gotten myocarditis and others who've gotten blood clots requiring heart surgery, can get an FDA blessing and be called a "vaccine" but the others, ones that have gone though ACTUAL testing and for years and proven to be SAFE, are now considered to be illegal to administer to save a persons life.

I'm not interested in trying to argue this point with anyone, because really, what do I know. But I will tell you, I'm mad as hell that a close and personal friend of mine was GIVEN SHIT for not taking some kind of experimental drug and scoffed at when a request was made to be helped with an FDA approved drug. I know I know, everyone is just doing their job and clearly, saving lives isn't at the top of the list. To me, that is total bullshit.

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, so after a long ass fight and now putting in the work, I will say she is on the road to recovery.

None of the drugs specific for Covid worked for her. They dropped her blood pressure dangerously low almost immediately after they started her on them. So they stopped using them. Antibiotics, diuretics, steroids, narcotics to keep her out while on ventilator.

She is at home, has been for a month. She spent 2 weeks in a Rehab hospital after being discharged from regular hospital. Rehab was basically boot camp. Therapy every day, 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. She finishes up outpatient rehab next week. Twice a week, 2 hours a day.

She is not any where near all the back. Her stamina is almost non-existent. She has progressed to the point she's using a cane to walk around. The pneumonia started breaking up last week, she coughs constantly, ribs and stomach and back hurt all the time. Pulmonologist says this is normal, not pleasant but normal.

She has been off of oxygen since she got up Monday morning. This is about 3 months sooner than they figured.

We still have a long road to get her near all the way back. But she's willing to do the work and I've been right there with her the whole way.

Now, some information that doesn't ever seem to get shared.

If you talk to the veteran nurses, basically anyone over 35, they don't talk the party line that the Doctors and the younger nurses do. There are a lot of "breakthrough" cases. There are a lot of "breakthrough" deaths. But unlike before the vaunted shots were available, the stats aren't treated the same. There was a gentleman in the room next to my wife in CCU. He had a trach tube and had been there for a few months before we got there. Early 40's, African-American, great health before, fully "vaccinated", caught Covid, died while we were there. In the paper his official cause of death was heart failure. No mention of Covid. Nurses stated this happens more often than people know. They also said in the beginning if someone came in from a heart attack and they tested positive for Covid and died, they were listed as Covid for cause of death.

I know this shit is bad for some people, but FFS quit massaging the numbers for some unknown agenda.

Thank you everyone for all your support. Sorry I haven't been back. I am one tired old man and even more grouchier than before, SO, GET OFF MY DAMNED LAWN.

Eddy, I have been watching the Vids when you send emails. Hug your pup for me cuz she put a smile on my face when I needed them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so after a long ass fight and now putting in the work, I will say she is on the road to recovery.

None of the drugs specific for Covid worked for her. They dropped her blood pressure dangerously low almost immediately after they started her on them. So they stopped using them. Antibiotics, diuretics, steroids, narcotics to keep her out while on ventilator.

She is at home, has been for a month. She spent 2 weeks in a Rehab hospital after being discharged from regular hospital. Rehab was basically boot camp. Therapy every day, 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. She finishes up outpatient rehab next week. Twice a week, 2 hours a day.

She is not any where near all the back. Her stamina is almost non-existent. She has progressed to the point she's using a cane to walk around. The pneumonia started breaking up last week, she coughs constantly, ribs and stomach and back hurt all the time. Pulmonologist says this is normal, not pleasant but normal.

She has been off of oxygen since she got up Monday morning. This is about 3 months sooner than they figured.

We still have a long road to get her near all the way back. But she's willing to do the work and I've been right there with her the whole way.

If you talk to the veteran nurses, basically anyone over 35, they don't talk the party line that the Doctors and the younger nurses do. There are a lot of "breakthrough" cases. There are a lot of "breakthrough" deaths. But unlike before the vaunted shots were available, the stats aren't treated the same. There was a gentleman in the room next to my wife in CCU. He had a trach tube and had been there for a few months before we got there. Early 40's, African-American, great health before, fully "vaccinated", caught Covid, died while we were there. In the paper his official cause of death was heart failure. No mention of Covid. Nurses stated this happens more often than people know. They also said in the beginning if someone came in from a heart attack and they tested positive for Covid and died, they were listed as Covid for cause of death.

I know this shit is bad for some people, but FFS quit massaging the numbers for some unknown agenda.

Thank you everyone for all your support. Sorry I haven't been back. I am one tired old man and even more grouchier than before, SO, GET OFF MY DAMNED LAWN.

Eddy, I have been watching the Vids when you send emails. Hug your pup for me cuz she put a smile on my face when I needed them.
AWESOME!!! I'm so glad to hear you're wife is back at home and doing "better". Had us all worried there for a while but being off the forum during that time is totally understandable. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Also, thank you for sharing some of the inside details. That was very telling and something the ruling class never lets you get to hear.

Finally, so happy to hear that Ripley has been able to keep a smile on your face :)

WJCO

Meme King

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your wife is doing better.

kevman65

Hooked
As you know, Cindy and I recently lost our good friend Lisa. She wasn't vaccinated by choice and to the bitter end, still wouldn't have gotten it. That said, I'm still pissed that the hospital that she was admitted to gave her shit for her decision. I'm even more upset that they didn't want to help her with politically incorrect therapeutics because of her choice. This is a big part of why I encouraged you to push hard for it because they won't do it without your help. Wishing you all the best.

I went through some of that, but word got around fast.

Started in ER, attending Dr. decided he was going reprimand me in the hallway because my wife decided she didn't want their shots.
I told him that then and there wasn't the time for that discussion. He put his hand on my arm and grabbed me and said loudly that he wasn't finished talking to me. Bad choice Doc.

I yelled at him that his fucking job was to take care of the sick and injured people that passed through his ER and that his politics, beliefs, or feelings didn't have a damned thing to do with anything. I also informed him that I had worked repeatedly at Eli Lily as an outside contractor and that I knew the standard time frame for a new drug from inception to clinical trials is 18-24 months and then the standard time frame for human testing was 3-5 years. I told him if he wanted to have a spirited conversation about shots that alter the human RNA in hopes it might slow an unknown virus down we could do it right then in front of his entire staff.

He turned red and huffed off, never saw him again. But when they transferred my wife from ER to ICU I had several nurses come up and hug me and tell me thank you.

In ICU and CCU I refused to talk to any of the Dr.'s and dealt strictly with the nursing staff. That's where I learned more than I ever could looking crap up on the internet.

Some Dr.'s and hospitals push to put people on ventilators and inject their experimental drugs. Survival rate from the ventilator alone is less than 20%. Remdisivir causes heart failure in more than 50% of patients it is injected in.

Even my family Dr., who had been pro shots before this happened, changed his tune after Becky got sick. I was given quite a list of vitamins and supplements to start her on, all in high doses. Vit D, Zinc are the first 2 that pop into my head. One of them had a funny name, but couldn't find it anywhere, out of stock.

I'm not the tin foil hat type, but the rumor/conspiracy theory about this being a manufactured virus that got out a year early sure feels about right at this time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Started in ER, attending Dr. decided he was going reprimand me in the hallway because my wife decided she didn't want their shots.
I told him that then and there wasn't the time for that discussion. He put his hand on my arm and grabbed me and said loudly that he wasn't finished talking to me. Bad choice Doc.

I yelled at him that his fucking job was to take care of the sick and injured people that passed through his ER and that his politics, beliefs, or feelings didn't have a damned thing to do with anything. I also informed him that I had worked repeatedly at Eli Lily as an outside contractor and that I knew the standard time frame for a new drug from inception to clinical trials is 18-24 months and then the standard time frame for human testing was 3-5 years. I told him if he wanted to have a spirited conversation about shots that alter the human RNA in hopes it might slow an unknown virus down we could do it right then in front of his entire staff.

He turned red and huffed off, never saw him again. But when they transferred my wife from ER to ICU I had several nurses come up and hug me and tell me thank you.

In ICU and CCU I refused to talk to any of the Dr.'s and dealt strictly with the nursing staff. That's where I learned more than I ever could looking crap up on the internet.

Some Dr.'s and hospitals push to put people on ventilators and inject their experimental drugs. Survival rate from the ventilator alone is less than 20%. Remdisivir causes heart failure in more than 50% of patients it is injected in.

Even my family Dr., who had been pro shots before this happened, changed his tune after Becky got sick. I was given quite a list of vitamins and supplements to start her on, all in high doses. Vit D, Zinc are the first 2 that pop into my head. One of them had a funny name, but couldn't find it anywhere, out of stock.

I'm not the tin foil hat type, but the rumor/conspiracy theory about this being a manufactured virus that got out a year early sure feels about right at this time.
The world needs more people like you. Thank you for standing up to that and glad to hear your wife is doing better.

WJCO

Meme King

Wow. That's intense.

jeeeep

Hooked
Glad to hear your wife is on the road to recovery, hope she keeps making good progress.

Cheers to you for standing up to the Dr that thinks he can violate his oath to a political agenda. Cheers to being grumpy and fed up with the bullshit, you may have very well saved your wife from much worse.

kevman65

Hooked
Don't get me wrong, I can't stress this enough, the nurses are awesome. I can't give them enough praise.

99% of them care, really care, about their patients. I witnessed their losses and how hard it is on them. I witnessed their wins and how much it lifts them up. When Becky left CCU to go back to ICU, excuse me got something in my eyes, they lined up and cheered and clapped for her. Every single nurse hugged her and gave her well wishes. They were crying because she made it and she had a fast turn around. When Becky was transferred from ICU to a regular room, the ICU nurses repeated the same ceremony. I think I cried more those 2 times than I have for a LOT of years. It does restore your faith in humans.

I don't know how they do it. Day in and day out fighting death. Losing some, winning some, but feeling all of them. Then they go home and play parent, spouse, homemaker. Just amazing.

I don't have enough time in my life to even try to repay all those wonderful people, I feel so inept that the best I can give them is my deepest thanks.

So, if you know a nurse, tell them thank you for everything they do, it will probably make their day.

Tixslam

It's good to hear that she is getting better.
I had it and really it was no big deal for me, coughed a couple days and a little congestion. The bad thing was I brought it home and my wife got sick bad.
She is borderline diabetic, and overweight. She attempted to tough it out, that didn't work. She ended up in the hospital for 5 days, on oxygen for 2 days. She is much better now but after 3 months she still doesn't have the energy she used to have.

kevman65

Hooked
It's good to hear that she is getting better.
I had it and really it was no big deal for me, coughed a couple days and a little congestion. The bad thing was I brought it home and my wife got sick bad.
She is borderline diabetic, and overweight. She attempted to tough it out, that didn't work. She ended up in the hospital for 5 days, on oxygen for 2 days. She is much better now but after 3 months she still doesn't have the energy she used to have.

Yeah, I've tested positive twice since getting all the shots. I have zero faith in them.

When my wife went in they really thought she would be there a week or less. Then the pneumonia took over and it was all bets off.

She's been doing great on her rehab, been off of oxygen for over a week now, before that it was just while she slept that she needed it.
Has regained almost complete mobility, but is much much slower and her stamina is almost nil. The Dr.'s and therapists all say the same thing. Could be a couple of months, could be a year or more. They all figured with her fast rebound that she'd be most of the way back by now, but it looks like the fatigue is going to stick around.

Something else to keep an eye on with your wife, watch her blood pressure. Becky's has been on the low side from normally being borderline hypertension. They are adjusting her meds and it is slowly creeping back up but her diastolic is still on the low end averaging in the low 60's. But that is up from last week.

Brute

Hooked
AWESOME!!! I'm so glad to hear you're wife is back at home and doing "better". Had us all worried there for a while but being off the forum during that time is totally understandable. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Also, thank you for sharing some of the inside details. That was very telling and something the ruling class never lets you get to hear.

Finally, so happy to hear that Ripley has been able to keep a smile on your face :)

man, I am so glad to hear your wife has turned the corner and will be getting out of the hospital soon. Our thoughts are with you, your wife and family…

Top Bottom