Dealing with Covid

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you know, Cindy and I recently lost our good friend Lisa. She wasn't vaccinated by choice and to the bitter end, still wouldn't have gotten it. That said, I'm still pissed that the hospital that she was admitted to gave her shit for her decision. I'm even more upset that they didn't want to help her with politically incorrect therapeutics because of her choice. This is a big part of why I encouraged you to push hard for it because they won't do it without your help. Wishing you all the best.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As you know, Cindy and I recently lost our good friend Lisa. She wasn't vaccinated by choice and to the bitter end, still wouldn't have gotten it. That said, I'm still pissed that the hospital that she was admitted to gave her shit for her decision. I'm even more upset that they didn't want to help her with politically incorrect therapeutics because of her choice. This is a big part of why I encouraged you to push hard for it because they won't do it without your help. Wishing you all the best.
My body my choice unless it deals with something we don’t agree then it’s your body our choice.

Brute

Hooked
I think if you read the first and last paragraph of the original post.. an open discussion was expected (encouraged) .. I could be wrong though.
It’s one thing to have an open discussion…it’s an entirely different thing to make fun of a person who lost their life to this shit, as if somehow that would “add to an open discussion “…

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s one thing to have an open discussion…it’s an entirely different thing to make fun of a person who lost their life to this shit, as if somehow that would “add to an open discussion “…
I don't think he was making fun of anyone here, certainly not the OP or his wife. Also, the OP's wife chose NOT to get jabbed. Whatever reason she may of had, I respect her decision and if I could guess, she may have found Adam's comment to be funny. I know that Lisa would have and Mel still would. Not everyone loses their sense of humor when life gets shitty.

Brute

Hooked
I don't think he was making fun of anyone here, certainly not the OP or his wife. Also, the OP's wife chose NOT to get jabbed. Whatever reason she may of had, I respect her decision and if I could guess, she may have found Adam's comment to be funny. I know that Lisa would have and Mel still would. Not everyone loses their sense of humor when life gets shitty.
I don’t believe Adam was making fun of the op or his wife…only Colin, who lost his life to this crap…I just felt it was inappropriate In regard to the op. I’ve been bedside to several of my friends who were dying, and a good joke was always appreciated…in the right context.

TrailHunter

Hooked

I respect your frustration... but I think some handle (discuss) things like this a little different than others... I did not see it as offensive... and I believe Adam cares, no matter how sarcastic or blunt he comes off.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don’t believe Adam was making fun of the op or his wife…only Colin, who lost his life to this crap…I just felt it was inappropriate In regard to the op. I’ve been bedside to several of my friends who were dying, and a good joke was always appreciated…in the right context.
Honestly I don’t give a fuck if or who I was making fun. You laugh at everything or you laugh at nothing. Not just when it is convenient or appropriate for you.

And again, you are the one making this a bigger thing than it is. Not I or not the OP for who your feelings are hurt.

Brute

Hooked
I respect your frustration... but I think some handle (discuss) things like this a little different than others... I did not see it as offensive... and I believe Adam cares, no matter how sarcastic or blunt he comes off.
Listen, I like Adam…a lot. I’ve lost close friends to this, and know of many more who have lost loved ones to this shit as well. I also know people who work in hospitals and are getting tired of dealing with crap day in and day out…they are understaffed, and constantly exposed to this shit…many have left the field because of it, making matters worse. God forbid anyone needing emergency medical attention anywhere, as icu beds are at a premium.

Kev, I pray for the best outcome for your wife and your family

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly, we all have our own idea of what is funny. I can only go off of the kind of humor I share with my friends, friends like Mel and Lisa especially given that she lost her life to an existing heart condition while being sick with the virus. To me personally, everything is funny or nothing is and I can tell you for a fact that she would have laughed at Adam's joke and Mel and I still laugh about shit like this. I realize that you're offended by it but that doesn't mean that everyone should be.

Just trying to lower the temperature a bit here and give a little objectivity.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Listen, I like Adam…a lot. I’ve lost close friends to this, and know of many more who have lost loved ones to this shit as well. I also know people who work in hospitals and are getting tired of dealing with crap day in and day out…they are understaffed, and constantly exposed to this shit…many have left the field because of it, making matters worse. God forbid anyone needing emergency medical attention anywhere, as icu beds are at a premium.

Kev, I pray for the best outcome for your wife and your family
I don’t know of a single person who has died FROM covid. I know people who have died WITH covid but none from covid. And I would be hard pressed to believe that many people on this forum know of someone who has died FROM covid.

Brute

Hooked
I don’t know of a single person who has died FROM covid. I know people who have died WITH covid but none from covid. And I would be hard pressed to believe that many people on this forum know of someone who has died FROM covid.
I’m not getting into this again with you…had any of my friends that died not contracted covid, they would still be alive right now

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My brother and brother-in-law are both physicians actively treating Covid patients. The latter is on our county’s Covid task force and has been since the beginning. This may come as a surprise to people, but doctors are NOT allowed to just prescribe whatever or try whatever to save patients. In fact, they can’t even use monoclonal antibody treatments now to treat omicron infections. They certainly can’t give other, non-FDA approved treatments to people. That only happens, at least lawfully and if you want to keep your medical license, in very specific and rare circumstances.

Regardless, to the OP, I sincerely hope your wife is doing better and you end up fine as well.

Top Bottom