Dealer Mechanic Sucks

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Well after a total of 4 months of dealing with the dealer. Finally complete. Started in June, and now it's almost Halloween. Can't be more excited, happy, or just feel good. To finally have my rig back. From ordering the wrong part, to the tech putting in the part backwards. None the less it’s done, and ready. Have a good one!
Took them long enough, but glad you have your Jeep back. Now it’s time to go wheeling. 👍

trailraider

Sorry to hear it took so long to fix.
here is my $.02 on the struggle. ( not defending the dealership, just saying what I encounter almost daily )
Parts are a god dam nightmare, especially if it has electronics in it. Brakes were backordered for months and was a disaster. Stellantis in Canada has discontinued all chemicals . brake clean, penetrating fluids etc. I spend 3/4 of my day fighting with suppliers to try and get parts for the department. When we finally find some to fix the vehicle we have to fight with stellantis to approve the repair.

When I was on the bench (20 years ago) techs were actual mechanics not parts installers. The industry has taken a huge hit in quality people as they no longer promote trades as a good field to get into. ( and I do agree to some extent, I stepped back as I did not like the way my body was starting to act up) I am in contact with our technical training facility here and the apprenticeship board out right told them to pass everyone because we need people in the trade. So they effectively lowered their standard to appease to keep the funding coming. Now with everything computer related with plug in and diag the techs have got lazy and stupid. I can't even remember how many time I have had to help in the shop and I have not pulled a wrench professionally in 20 years. Simple ship baffles them now.

on a plus side (for the consumer) . Stellantis has done some changes that now affect the dealerships rebates and VPA. every customer in for service will get an email. that email holds the dealership accountable for the work done. in all the departments. If they do not meet a certain criteria they don't get the rebates. and it changes monthly. all it takes is one poor report card from a customer and it could cost them 10's of thousands in rebates. so we should start seeing a shift in quality coming out of the dealerships (hopefully)

1tmjpr

Well, haven't been able to update. My rig is back at the dealership after the weekend. Started seeing coolant, and oil leaking. So obviously the tech screwed something up. Was missing bolts, my cables from my winch connected to the battery. Not in the same place that they were. Just thrown on top of everything. Just sad that there are people out there that don't give a damn about their job, or how they do their job. Also, didn't leave a review. Wanted to wait till I knew that my rig would be ok. But, can't wait till my rig is fixed correctly. So that I can leave that great customer review that they deserve. Just frustrated with this place.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Do what you want, but in my opinion a long shitty review is just a waste of your time. No one reads them, and they might even rejoice knowing you won't bring your headaches back again.

You've been put out for far too long, I doubt any one disagrees with your frustration. However, some of the best relationships between shop and customer started from situations similar to yours. If you blow up after all this is over, no one is affected worse than you having one less place to go to in the future. I completely agree with trailraider's comment above. Techs these days are in a tough business.

Top Bottom