Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

WJCO

Meme King
So the rate is on the house and land and we’ve tried 2 separate times before this to lock in. Even the man that sold us the house talked to the lady handling our loan and told her we needed to lock in and the lady said we needed to wait. Now they’re wanting us to pay $1200 to lock in the same rate that we could have paid 0 for like 4 weeks ago.

Are they asking for that money to pay down points? If so, that is common, but they should have let you lock in the rate whenever you wanted to. It's your call, not theirs. Maybe look for a different lender if it's not too late; they compete for your business/money.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Are they asking for that money to pay down points? If so, that is common, but they should have let you lock in the rate whenever you wanted to. It's your call, not theirs. Maybe look for a different lender if it's not too late; they compete for your business/money.

That’s what we’re currently looking into also the house company is talking to the lender today to try and straighten things out

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Hey David, Bouche03 on here is a mortgage guy you could pm him I’d bet. We just refinanced through him but he is local to us. Not sure if that matters

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hey David, Bouche03 on here is a mortgage guy you could pm him I’d bet. We just refinanced through him but he is local to us. Not sure if that matters

Well we found out today that as of today we have locked our rate in for 45 days at 3.5% and they want us to pay 657 which is better than 1200 but we’re gonna try and get that dropped as we were explained today it’s because mortgage lenders aren’t closing right now so I reckon that’s why the fee but we’re gonna try and get it dropped so we don’t have to pay. Wish us luck y’all were excited to have our rate.

WJCO

Meme King
Well we found out today that as of today we have locked our rate in for 45 days at 3.5% and they want us to pay 657 which is better than 1200 but we’re gonna try and get that dropped as we were explained today it’s because mortgage lenders aren’t closing right now so I reckon that’s why the fee but we’re gonna try and get it dropped so we don’t have to pay. Wish us luck y’all were excited to have our rate.

That's a good rate. Lenders are crazy backlogged right now. Hope it all works out for you.

JKbrick

That’s a good rate as far as history goes! We actually had closing in our Grand Cherokee at the closing Co

jdofmemi

It's especially a good rate for a mobile or modular home. Even with a foundation, many lenders don't do them, and the ones that do know there is less competition, so the rates stay higher usually.
When I refinanced mine, it was 2 points higher than if it would have been a conventional home.
If you got 3.5 locked, I would call it a win.

Nice to get your own place and land to go with it!

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
It's especially a good rate for a mobile or modular home. Even with a foundation, many lenders don't do them, and the ones that do know there is less competition, so the rates stay higher usually.
When I refinanced mine, it was 2 points higher than if it would have been a conventional home.
If you got 3.5 locked, I would call it a win.

Nice to get your own place and land to go with it!

Thank you thank you I would say so as well we’re very thankful to have gotten what we got

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well everybody update on the dream house got the water line and plumbing connected yesterday now waiting on LP and Duke energy gosh the move in day can’t come fast enough. Also had the inspection today and the walkthrough and ya know I’ll take 95% of the stuff getting fixed. Well that’s update everybody I’ll keep ya posted best I can maybe hopefully I’ll remember to get more pics up.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Aight everybody not much to update on the house just waiting on LP and lights I did take it Sunday but that’s bout it.
Jeep related I’m starting on a small project I’ve been wanting to do for a short time it seems to be a uncommon mod that I’ve seen.
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_0410.jpg
That’s right I’m making shift knobs for D-day they’re made out of cherry. I seeked the help of a local wood turner and she made them for me her name is Scarlette Rouse been doing it for 14 years. Plans are to do some wood burning and finish with epoxy and paracord. Let me know what y’all think. Cheers

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Update everybody on D-day went and got some new tips for my wood burners kit. Started doing some practice runs on the punisher’s skull for the gear knob. Project coming along slowly but progress is being made.
This is the paracord I’m going to wrap the gear knob in havnt quite decided on the 4wd knob yet
IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Update on the house I got mailbox post and the mailbox mounted I tell y’all it feels so good to work on your own land
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Daddy ride Jeep daddy ride Jeep I come home to that everyday it’s hard to turn down I’m reminded everyday why I work as hard as I do wouldn’t want it any other way

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Last edited:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well I made some progress on D-days new gear knob along with my Jack Apple Fitz.
Finally got the skull burnt on and the two dates I wanted on there.
IMG_0511.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg
IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg
IMG_0527.jpg
I know it ain’t perfect but it was done free handed and took me bout a solid hour and some change to do it I’m happy with it.

WJCO

Meme King
Well I made some progress on D-days new gear knob along with my Jack Apple Fitz.
Finally got the skull burnt on and the two dates I wanted on there.

I know it ain’t perfect but it was done free handed and took me bout a solid hour and some change to do it I’m happy with it.

That came out good. :thumb:

Top Bottom