dash lights and shifter click when accelerating

2013 JKUR, I have 20k miles on it so obviously it sits a lot in the garage, not sure if that matters. It sits on a trickle normally but I did forget to hook it up this time around and had to jump it to get it started.

The issue is when I hit the gas, if I am in park or drive, the ABS light, traction light and downhill assist light all light up on dash and the shifter makes a clicking noise.

Anyone ever experience this or have a clue what I can do to fix it?

bhaner

I had big issues like this with the battery connections. They are a very poor design. No way to get them tight.

I ended up cutting the factory ends off and going to this type of connector.

Z-14L_fo5oy.JPG

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree with Byron, start with the battery connections and or have the battery tested. Battery’s don’t like to sit around and become discharged. It can ruin them
I had big issues like this with the battery connections. They are a very poor design. No way to get them tight.

I ended up cutting the factory ends off and going to this type of connector.

View attachment 366530

Do either of you have a specific connector recommendation? I will run to the local auto parts store to see if they have any in stock but my google search online is not coming up with anything that looks like it will be any better than what I have.

bhaner

Do either of you have a specific connector recommendation? I will run to the local auto parts store to see if they have any in stock but my google search online is not coming up with anything that looks like it will be any better than what I have.
This is what I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLWKXV6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cut parts of the ends off the factory cables leaving a hole or flat spot that I could drill a hole. I then bolted them all to the above battery terminals. Works awesome!

Bierpower

Hooked
These are like $50 but I've had them for a few years now and never had an issue. They're also super easy to add accessories to.
IMG_20181117_193535.jpg

Top Bottom