Crazy dash board lighting at 60 MPH

Andy5160

Hooked
All
Please take a look at the picture and advise.Was driving on the highway at 60 MPH out of the blue the lights came on and speedometer showed 0 MPH. After appearing and disappearing the only light left is the battery and the light above sway bar. I finished driving let t he Jeep cool for 30 min and then drove for another 20 miles no lights came on. Will be taking .it back to the dealer.Picked it up last Monday after axel seal replacement. Not happy with the job there is a rotating squeaky noise appeared on the same axel side the leak was.It gets louder while applying brake just a little.
Are these two issues might be connected? Is it possible they messed something up? ABS system or may be something else?
Let me know what you think.
Thank's dash.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Yep,

First thging after i stopped.Everything attached,torqued.No signs of burned wires.

Ok but do you perchance have an accessory terminal under one of the nuts that clamps the terminal to the battery? Its cone shaped and as you tighten it, it forces the clamp to tighten on the terminal. I had my winch wire under the ground terminal nut and it did exactly what yours did.

Dirtysocks

Also check to make sure your steering wheel is centered.
Had a similar issue driving back home after wheeling once....the dash lights would come on & the speedometer would drop to zero for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampdog

Yep,

First thging after i stopped.Everything attached,torqued.No signs of burned wires.

Do you have any ring connectors under the terminal nuts? They have a cone shape and if something is underneath them, it will keep the the terminal from completely tightening down.

Andy5160

Hooked
Well went back to look at the terminals positive was a little loose torqued it a little more lets see what happens.
In regards to the centered steering yes it is centered but as i mentioned dealer worked on the axel so it is possible they misaligned something.
Thank's for all the help

Hot94Z28

Ok but do you perchance have an accessory terminal under one of the nuts that clamps the terminal to the battery? Its cone shaped and as you tighten it, it forces the clamp to tighten on the terminal. I had my winch wire under the ground terminal nut and it did exactly what yours did.

I had the exact same thing happen to me as the OP, and this is what mine was as well.

swampdog

Hahaha, sorry dude, I basically just parroted what you said 2 posts down...anyways, I had the same experience.

Journeyman

A friends of mines jk was having very similar issues. Dealer took forever to track the problem down. She was told the power source connection at the computer end was loose 🤔

Top Bottom