Cooper STT Pros more expensive than Nitto

jorgelrod

Hooked
Wow, I was checking out prices for 37 inch tires at discount tire. When I got my 35s I went to STT Pros because they were cheaper but still a good American made tire. I was shocked to see how tire prices have spiked post covid, an almost $400 difference between the Coopers and Nittos in a 5 tire purchase.

Dale72

Hooked
The only problem now is the only tire in 37 that discount tire has in stock right now that's worth a shit is BFG KO2

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
I was considering Coopers until they were bought by Goodyear.Im going to try to avoid anything goodyear from here on out if i can.
Nittos were my first choice but 8 weeks back ordered so i settled with the Toyos which are made in USA as well.

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
The 400 dollar premium likely goes to help rebuild cities that were burned down by the BLM rioters (mostly peaceful rioters). It's part of the Goodyear Experience. I wouldn't pay for that bullshit. They can go fuck themselves. :)
agreed!

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Good luck trying to find Nittos in stock at a reasonable price. Ever since they’ve been giving their tires away to every YouTuber with a Jeep, you can’t find them anymore.

jdofmemi

I just bought 5 cooper stt pros in 40’s because no one can get me nittos for a few months. I guess we will see how they do
I did the same, after hearing 4 to 6 months for Nittos.
I have 15 trails on mine so far, and like the 37 STTs, the traction is outstanding, while unlike the 37s, the 40s still have all their lugs in place, though they took some damage from a few sharp places they rubbed on on the Jeep, but so far they are way more durable than 37 Coopers.

I have 15 trails on mine so far, and like the 37 STTs, the traction is outstanding, while unlike the 37s, the 40s still have all their lugs in place, though they took some damage from a few sharp places they rubbed on on the Jeep, but so far they are way more durable than 37 Coopers.
Ya I heard the sidewalls are weaker then the trail grapplers. I’ve had 2 sets of 40” trail grapplers and loved them. Just wish I could find a new set

CalSgt

Hooked
I would bet you wheel harder than I do & my 37" coopers are chunked out pretty good.

2011jk

Had coopers...never again. Ok on the trail but as noted weak sidewalls, noisy on the street and hard to get a round set.
Nitto's best tire available..if you can wait.

Top Bottom