CB BAR - Jeep JL Wrangler NO DRILL / NO CUT Overhead CB Radio Mount WRITE-UP

WJCO

Meme King
Hi Eddie! Trying to get the CB bar for my JL but it seems like it’s out of stock! Will you be restocking them soon? Also do you provide shipping to Singapore?

Might be faster to send him a PM. They've been crazy busy with events for the last few weeks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Icic, thanks for the heads up! Will PM him!

He pulls stuff out of stock when he is not home for a while. He will be on the road for the better part of three weeks so that’s probably why they are out. I would be willing to bet he has some though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Kogar

happy customer

It's taken me AGES to get things done since I got my wayalife overhead bar a year ago (life gets in the way sometimes), but I just wanted to show off the "dual rig" of my 50W Kenwood ham radio and my 50W Midland GMRS in my JL. Very happy customer! :clap2: (Also: The wide angle lens on the new iPhone 11s are great!)
image0.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's taken me AGES to get things done since I got my wayalife overhead bar a year ago (life gets in the way sometimes), but I just wanted to show off the "dual rig" of my 50W Kenwood ham radio and my 50W Midland GMRS in my JL. Very happy customer! :clap2: (Also: The wide angle lens on the new iPhone 11s are great!)
View attachment 338206

Simply awesome :thumb:

Kogar

Looks really nice but what I am trying to understand is what’s happening with the wheel in the garage[emoji848][emoji848]

ok, yeah... I have a bad back :grayno:. I just had yet another spinal procedure on Wednesday :( Generally speaking, we drive around without our spare, except when we go wheeling. This contraption is normally used to lift my hardtop, but it also conveniently hoists the spare without putting my back at risk.

Andy5160

Hooked
ok, yeah... I have a bad back :grayno:. I just had yet another spinal procedure on Wednesday :( Generally speaking, we drive around without our spare, except when we go wheeling. This contraption is normally used to lift my hardtop, but it also conveniently hoists the spare without putting my back at risk.

Got it. I have two screwed up discs myself

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

donmontalvo

CBBAR arrived, took less than 1hr to install, as advertised, straight forward install with no drilling (etc.) needed.

With that said, since I run with a Cobra 29 and a Midland XMT115 I drilled a couple holes for the later, and BOOM!

I'm a happy wheeler!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
CBBAR arrived, took less than 1hr to install, as advertised, straight forward install with no drilling (etc.) needed.

With that said, since I run with a Cobra 29 and a Midland XMT115 I drilled a couple holes for the later, and BOOM!

I'm a happy wheeler!

Awesome! Glad to hear you're happy with it!

donmontalvo

Awesome! Glad to hear you're happy with it!

I rotated my CB/GMRS, basically drilled a couple extra holes into each of the two device mounts. The radios face me now. Inching my way to being prepared for my June Moab>Rubicon trip. [emoji4]

Now I just need to hard wire the Garmin Overlander and Garmin DashCam.

Happy New Year!

IMG_4956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I rotated my CB/GMRS, basically drilled a couple extra holes into each of the two device mounts. The radios face me now. Inching my way to being prepared for my June Moab>Rubicon trip. [emoji4]

Now I just need to hard wire the Garmin Overlander and Garmin DashCam.

Happy New Year!

Nicely done :thumb:

gmendoza

Padding for CB Bar

Installed the CB Bar and looks great. I have noticed however that because it reduces the headroom, there could be some head bumps as my wife hops in and out, or more importantly during an accident of even just off-road jostling. Has anyone used some universal padding for driver and passenger side of the bar? Just for some head protection and general aesthetics?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Installed the CB Bar and looks great. I have noticed however that because it reduces the headroom, there could be some head bumps as my wife hops in and out, or more importantly during an accident of even just off-road jostling. Has anyone used some universal padding for driver and passenger side of the bar? Just for some head protection and general aesthetics?

As you can see, the CB BAR sits at the same level as your sun visor and only 3.5" away from it.

IMG_4565.jpg

While I'm sure anything is possible, I would think you'd be just as likely to hit your head on the sun visor when hopping into your Jeep the way you do. That being said, I suppose you would wrap it with some pipe insulation. I hope you find a solution that you're happy with.

WJCO

Meme King

Welcome to wayalife.

gmendoza

As you can see, the CB BAR sits at the same level as your sun visor and only 3.5" away from it.

View attachment 360438

While I'm sure anything is possible, I would think you'd be just as likely to hit your head on the sun visor when hopping into your Jeep the way you do. That being said, I suppose you would wrap it with some pipe insulation. I hope you find a solution that you're happy with.
Thanks for the reply. I started looking for a solution especially after my buddy at about 6’ 2” was sitting in the passenger seat And I could see his forehead lined up with the bar. So I ended up using a black pool noodle type of solution, cut it to size and it came out nice. May end up sewing a cordura fabric cover at some point.

Oodles of Noodles 3 Foot Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MWDMH33?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here’s a shot that shows the bar covered.
A601B2D4-1BE7-4B31-86E2-4CB541AE2014.jpeg
1E8B7A43-97D0-440D-AB09-CE7471966367.jpeg

Top Bottom