BUST - Part 4 : The California Emigrant Trail / I Have Seen the Elephant

zimgo

Excellent Series

I thought that this was an excellent series. Although the wheeling wasn't real tricky, the history, stories, scenery and actually being there was great. I had thought earlier that retracing some of the old trails would be cool. You both did a fantastic job. While I am new to your website, I have been subscribed to your youtube channel for a while and love the videos, especially of the whole group together, wheeling and having fun. What a wayalife!

The one thing that surprised me through all these videos was the amount of chain link fence that had to be put up to stop people from messing with history, its sad and kind of not the same as to be able to walk right up to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing video! The views are epic in this leg. Great group of people and bummed we missed this adventure but love that you’ve taken us with you all. So glad to know that Ken recovered from that awful accident.

Thank you Rachel. The views on this side of the Rockies was truly amazing. As far as people go, well, you're normally a part of it so you would know. :)

Such a great video series. Loved all four of them. Bittersweet at the end but thankful Ken recovered.
When I look back at all our jeep trips, this trip was by far my favorite. A great group of friends and the history we shared were more than I expected.
Thank you Eddie & Cindy for putting this together and allowing us to participate.
:clap2::clap2:

Thank you Susan. I have to agree, this was without question, the most memorable trip for us as well. So glad that you and Tom were able to be a part of it :)

I thought that this was an excellent series. Although the wheeling wasn't real tricky, the history, stories, scenery and actually being there was great. I had thought earlier that retracing some of the old trails would be cool. You both did a fantastic job. While I am new to your website, I have been subscribed to your youtube channel for a while and love the videos, especially of the whole group together, wheeling and having fun. What a wayalife!

Thank you. We're happy to hear you enjoyed following us on our adventures and glad to have you here. :cool:

The one thing that surprised me through all these videos was the amount of chain link fence that had to be put up to stop people from messing with history, its sad and kind of not the same as to be able to walk right up to it.

You have no idea how many historical things I have seen get shot up, trashed, defaced and or burned down over the years. Even with fencing, people still find a way to destroy historic sites. People suck and it's a big part of why I no longer tell people how to get places.

Loved the videos. They were great. Wow!! What an ending. I’m glad he has recovered. Not a way you want the trip to end. You do a great job on your videos. I do hope you will put one out for when you guys finished it. I would like to see how it turned out. I think half the fun is finding these places on your own and I agree about not telling people how to get there. Thanks for the great videos.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You have no idea how many historical things I have seen get shot up, trashed, defaced and or burned down over the years. Even with fencing, people still find a way to destroy historic sites. People suck and it's a big part of why I no longer tell people how to get places.

Just so crazy and pointless, people suck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Loved the videos. They were great. Wow!! What an ending. I’m glad he has recovered. Not a way you want the trip to end. You do a great job on your videos. I do hope you will put one out for when you guys finished it. I would like to see how it turned out. I think half the fun is finding these places on your own and I agree about not telling people how to get there. Thanks for the great videos.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Just so crazy and pointless, people suck.

Yes they do and the internet has only made it easier for them to ruin things for the rest of us.

jesse3638

Hooked
Sorry, we never made a video of this trip. I think we made a slide show of some of the photos we took but that's about it.

Damn I could have sworn there was a video. Maybe the slide show was that comprehensive that I turned it into a video in my head...haha. Thanks for sharing this trip. So much history and such great friends to make the trip that much better. Can't wait to get out there again with everyone.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Fantastic journey with all the historical facts. Hard to grasp the difficulties of those who traveled this trail until you see it! Hope all is well with those who lost a wheel! Looked pretty nasty. Again, a wonderful video as only you can present! Bravo!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom