Build of my JKU

MericaMade

Well the rear is definitely more involved. Got the axle and gas tank out of the way and all factrory mounts cut off today. Those connections on the gas tank are little MFers thats for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-180016_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-180016_Photos.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210829-180025_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-180025_Photos.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Well the rear is definitely more involved. Got the axle and gas tank out of the way and all factrory mounts cut off today. Those connections on the gas tank are little MFers thats for sure.
Gas tank is a MF... So long as you didn't break the outer clips you'll be alright, i'll send you an assortment of inner clips if needed.

I had to use the "Monkey on a stick" to get the damn skid plate back on mine, it was almost as much fun as getting it out.

MericaMade

Gas tank is a MF... So long as you didn't break the outer clips you'll be alright, i'll send you an assortment of inner clips if needed.

I had to use the "Monkey on a stick" to get the damn skid plate back on mine, it was almost as much fun as getting it out.
Lol, thanks for the offer I was able to get them all off without breaking them. Might have been easier if I remembered the tank was just over 1/2 full. I ran some ratchet straps from slider to slider and just created a catch point for the tank to sit in. After I dropped it I siphoned 13 gallons out for a easier install.

MericaMade

Lol how much gas did you drink? After I just topped off my f250 gas tank, my fuel pump went out and had to siphon it… drank more than I’d like
Lol that sucks. I have one of those cheap Harbor Freight hand pump hoses. Took a while to transfer but didn't spill any gas or have to taste any.

MericaMade

The rear is a PITA. Rear brackets on, gas tank back in. Ugggg I'm over it and still need to knock out axle brackets. My welding isn't the greatest but getting better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-175722_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-175722_Photos.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210904-175735_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-175735_Photos.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 23

wjtstudios

Hooked
The rear is a PITA. Rear brackets on, gas tank back in. Ugggg I'm over it and still need to knock out axle brackets. My welding isn't the greatest but getting better.
Yeah, so more difficult than the front. Those welds look really good. Did you go with the high clearance kit on the rear?

Top Bottom