Blew a Hole in the MagnaFlow

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, on our way down south, we were having to pass a few trucks and after one of the passes, Moby went from purring nice and pretty to sounding kind of loud and rattely. After pulling over to see what happened, this is what I found...

IMG_6152.jpg

Obviously, the muffler has taken a hit or two in the past but it almost seems as if the stainless steel got brittle over time. Anyway, I love the sound of the MagnaFlow and so I'll most likely install another. Hopefully, it'll hold out better.

WJCO

Meme King
So, on our way down south, we were having to pass a few trucks and after one of the passes, Moby went from purring nice and pretty to sounding kind of loud and rattely. After pulling over to see what happened, this is what I found...

View attachment 366458

Obviously, the muffler has taken a hit or two in the past but it almost seems as if the stainless steel got brittle over time. Anyway, I love the sound of the MagnaFlow and so I'll most likely install another. Hopefully, it'll hold out better.
Wow. That's some crazy shit. I had MagnaFlow on one of my mustangs. LOVED the sound.

MericaMade

You may have hit a rock at least once, just a guess, I'm not sure LOL. That's crazy it blew all the way through.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks like maybe it was faulty due to that big ass crack all the way through. My Dynomax was beat to shit and never cracked.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree, I wonder if it was a bad batch of steel that could fail like that. Damage or not, I don’t see how it would become brittle otherwise. I think this is Moby’s way of pushing up those engine/exhaust mods

CalSgt

Hooked
That is weird, it cracked right along the logo stamp there's even a bump in the crack where the "O" & "W" meet

New Years Run 2019 Adam literally grudge fucks a ledge with his Dynomax and it survives (sort of). Moby passes a car and the Magnaflo decides it’s had enough. Hella funny.

Side note: That Magnaflo has been clearly getting its ass kicked for a long time. Just a funny comparison.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That’s really weird. I’d think it would have to be a flaw in the steel for a crack to happen besides the hole.

I don’t think it’s a bad batch of anything too crazy or odd. Bummer for sure. But I’m thinking it’s just the hot/cold cycles along with a good ding or two as a starting point for it to get tinnie like a soda can and crack.

Brute

Hooked
New Years Run 2019 Adam literally grudge fucks a ledge with his Dynomax and it survives (sort of). Moby passes a car and the Magnaflo decides it’s had enough. Hella funny.

Side note: That Magnaflo has been clearly getting its ass kicked for a long time. Just a funny comparison.
Actually I think I saw his muffler left behind on the ledge and Mooch was carrying on his shoulder like a trophy…

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Actually I think I saw his muffler left behind on the ledge and Mooch was carrying on his shoulder like a trophy…
It’s a recurring theme. I watched Adam walk a quarter of a mile down a lonely road outside of Tonapah with his muffler slung over his shoulder.

Top Bottom