Blank Vehicle Information Center

WJCO

Meme King
Intermittently when I start the JL, the (VIC) vehicle information center is completely blank. If I turn off the Jeep and wait 5 minutes, everything works fine.

Anybody run into this issue?

I haven't had this issue but have had the same issue with my radio. If course it never happened at the dealer so they couldn't never figure it out. I think it had to do with my taser but not sure. We had to replace our second battery early on as that caused a bunch of weird issues

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same thing on both of ours but with the radio and not the cluster. Happened once on the JL and a few times on the JT. Both were normal after shutting off for a few minutes and restarting. Both have tazers. The last time it happened was months ago. Gotta be a software issue somehow, IMO.

JKbrick

I haven't gone that route yet. I have an appointment with the dealer to fix a couple other issues. I plan to report this problem as well. If it's not a software issue, I imagine they will say the cluster needs to be replaced. $$$$$$$

$1500 for a JK cluster if I recall

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had this issue but have had the same issue with my radio. If course it never happened at the dealer so they couldn't never figure it out. I think it had to do with my taser but not sure. We had to replace our second battery early on as that caused a bunch of weird issues

Same thing on both of ours but with the radio and not the cluster. Happened once on the JL and a few times on the JT. Both were normal after shutting off for a few minutes and restarting. Both have tazers. The last time it happened was months ago. Gotta be a software issue somehow, IMO.

Yup, not the EVIC but I've got the same problem with my radio. I always assumed it was because of the tazer and being that it goes away, I never give it much thought.

JeepFan

Hooked

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

my 2018 JL kept doing that but every time I took it to the dealer of course they couldn't repeat it... same with the head unit.

I even recorded it as proof and got the same bullshit answer if they can't repeat it it ain't broke.

it still does it on occasion but I reboot it with the Tazer and it's fine for awhile.

New issue thought - the head unit did an over the air update and now Offiroad Pages are gone :doh:

headed to Moab, good question for the Jeep reps...

I've seen the radio issue in our JL too, but it's rare. Doesn't bother me as much as the EVIC. :crazyeyes:

black pearl

Hooked
Different Jeep but I have this every so often with the head unit in my 19 compass. Had it at the dealership for it with no answers. I’ve assumed it’s a software issue.

Dyolfknip

Carobotor just emailed me and said a JL version is coming. Option if the dealer makes you pay for a new cluster.....

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Carobotor just emailed me and said a JL version is coming. Option if the dealer makes you pay for a new cluster.....

Welcome to Wayalife. That’s a random first post on a very specific issue. Do you work for them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Dyolfknip

Welcome to Wayalife. That’s a random first post on a very specific issue. Do you work for them?

Nope, literally had just gotten an email from them after registering. I was on JK Forum under same user name years ago, just got a 21 Rubicon. Talk to Chris (Piginajeep) he can vouch for me.

Dyolfknip

Todd loves a good donkey show. I remember something about him catching the load himself.

He’s one of those Canadian Canadians [emoji6]

Jesus, ONE story at Rausch like 12 years ago and some just can't let it go. Is it hard to reply here when unzipping pants? ;)

JeepFan

Hooked

Thanks for the info...Very interesting product indeed! I doubt I would purchase something like this but it looks cool. I have an appointment with the dealer in a week so I will post up anything I learn from them.

Dyolfknip

Thanks for the info...Very interesting product indeed! I doubt I would purchase something like this but it looks cool. I have an appointment with the dealer in a week so I will post up anything I learn from them.

No worries. I'm a gadget guy, I look forward to the release. When I emailed them about it, I hinted at testing but no bait taken. Lol.

YellowFever

Yup, not the EVIC but I've got the same problem with my radio. I always assumed it was because of the tazer and being that it goes away, I never give it much thought.

Does your radio just randomly restart? I’ve recently started having that problem and would love to know if anyone has found a solution. It gets real annoying when you are on a hands free call that drops out because of the radio restart. Oh and I don’t have the tazer installed so that can’t be the cause.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does your radio just randomly restart? I’ve recently started having that problem and would love to know if anyone has found a solution. It gets real annoying when you are on a hands free call that drops out because of the radio restart. Oh and I don’t have the tazer installed so that can’t be the cause.

Yup. From time to time it does and no, I don't think it's the tazer either. I do know that Jeep does send updates to your Jeep and if I could guess, the reset it a result of that.

JeepFan

Hooked
Quick update on this issue. Took it to the dealer today and although they couldn't duplicate the problem, they determined there was a software update for the EVIC display. They did not know if the update specifically addresses this issue. Anyway, I asked them to go ahead and install the update. Of course there is no guarantee this will fix the issue, but time will tell. I'll update this thread at a later date.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Quick update on this issue. Took it to the dealer today and although they couldn't duplicate the problem, they determined there was a software update for the EVIC display. They did not know if update specifically addresses this issue. Anyway, I asked them to go ahead and install the update. Of course there is no guarantee this will fix the issue, but time will tell. I'll update this thread at a later date.
Bummer. Time for a gladiator. 👍🏻

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Quick update on this issue. Took it to the dealer today and although they couldn't duplicate the problem, they determined there was a software update for the EVIC display. They did not know if the update specifically addresses this issue. Anyway, I asked them to go ahead and install the update. Of course there is no guarantee this will fix the issue, but time will tell. I'll update this thread at a later date.
Here's hoping things worked out (y)

Top Bottom