Blank Vehicle Information Center

JeepFan

Hooked
Intermittently when I start the JL, the (VIC) vehicle information center is completely blank. If I turn off the Jeep and wait 5 minutes, everything works fine.

Anybody run into this issue?

20210321_171406.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I haven't seen that before, I do know that the EVIC will do funny things if the auxiliary battery is dying. It may be almost time for you to replace it.

JeepFan

Hooked
While I haven't seen that before, I do know that the EVIC will do funny things if the auxiliary battery is dying. It may be almost time for you to replace it.

I thought the same and replaced both batteries back in December. Unfortunately, no change...

JeepFan

Hooked
I also checked all the fuses and relays to make sure they are all seated. I should also mention this happens once about every 45 days. Weird!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I also checked all the fuses and relays to make sure they are all seated. I should also mention this happens once about every 45 days. Weird!

I know your dealership is a PITA but have you contacted JeepCares to see if they can help?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JeepFan

Hooked
I know your dealership is a PITA but have you contacted JeepCares to see if they can help?

I haven't gone that route yet. I have an appointment with the dealer to fix a couple other issues. I plan to report this problem as well. If it's not a software issue, I imagine they will say the cluster needs to be replaced. $$$$$$$

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't gone that route yet. I have an appointment with the dealer to fix a couple other issues. I plan to report this problem as well. If it's not a software issue, I imagine they will say the cluster needs to be replaced. $$$$$$$

Sucks. Hope it’s something simple and that they can fix.

benatc1

Hooked
Intermittently when I start the JL, the (VIC) vehicle information center is completely blank. If I turn off the Jeep and wait 5 minutes, everything works fine.

Anybody run into this issue?

View attachment 360881
I haven't had this issue but have had the same issue with my radio. If course it never happened at the dealer so they couldn't never figure it out. I think it had to do with my taser but not sure. We had to replace our second battery early on as that caused a bunch of weird issues

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2018 JL kept doing that but every time I took it to the dealer of course they couldn't repeat it... same with the head unit.

I even recorded it as proof and got the same bullshit answer if they can't repeat it it ain't broke.

it still does it on occasion but I reboot it with the Tazer and it's fine for awhile.

New issue thought - the head unit did an over the air update and now Offiroad Pages are gone :doh:

headed to Moab, good question for the Jeep reps...

Top Bottom