BIG CHANGE COMING to WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I need to let you know that there will be a BIG change coming to WAYALIFE and most likely, late this evening. Specifically, we will be moving our entire database onto a new, more modern and up to date forum software system. Obviously, there will be some downtime but we should be up and running again by tomorrow morning and once we are, I think you'll find that the site will still look, feel and function pretty much the same.

There are a couple of things I do need to note and the first of which is that when you visit WAYALIFE after the move, you'll need to do it through our standard URL https://WAYALIFE.com. If you've bookmarked WAYALIFE in the past, it'll most likely have a "../forum.php" after the URL and that'll prevent you from seeing the site.

Second, our mobile app will no longer work once we've made the move or at least, not initially. We will do our best to restore it but until then, you will need to view WAYALIFE through your phone or tablet's browser. However, the new software is designed to look and feel just like an app and I think a you may even find that you like the experience better.

With all that said, I'm sure there will be more than a few of you who'll have questions and if you're one of them, this is the place to post them up. :thumb:

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I might be wrong, but wasn’t there a way to save the URL as an App icon? So when you click on it, it’ll take you straight to the website?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BobNH

Good luck with the change, hope all goes smoothly.
Will the site still be available on Tapatalk after the move?
Tks [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck with the change, hope all goes smoothly.
Will the site still be available on Tapatalk after the move?
Tks [emoji106]

Not initially but we will do what we can to restore it on Tapatalk as well. Again, until that time, I would encourage you to try using our site on your browser. I think you will find the experience to be similar.

jdofmemi

I have been using it on the browser all along. Early on I tried the app, and didn't like the feel, so I deleted it and just use the mobile edition.

I look forward to the update, while hoping it isn't too "appy", if that makes sense.

BobNH

Not initially but we will do what we can to restore it on Tapatalk as well. Again, until that time, I would encourage you to try using our site on your browser. I think you will find the experience to be similar.
Thanks, will do. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bear_JT

Hooked
Thanks Eddie and Cindy. Hope all goes smoothly. I appreciate all the hard work and platform you guys provide for us.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
BIG CHANGE COMING to WAYALIFE - Q&A

I see the first change has already occurred, Eddie’s graphic is now red... I hope that’s a good sign 🤷*♂️

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I feel like a jackass for sending Wayalife a message that my phone app wasn't working. He only posted this 2 weeks ago. Sorry man!
LOL - it's all good. I sent out a couple of emailers as well but apparently, there was a problem with our system and most didn't actually reach anyone. Trying to get it fixed now o_O

Top Bottom