Big Ben's Big Mojave

benatc1

Hooked
Nice. What “stage” of kit did you get? I’m torn on what to get
I did the stage 1 Overland, then decided I didn’t want to install the control arm relocation brackets for clearance purposes but I still may do it if it’ll help the feel of the drive out. and figured I’d get front control arms to dial it in right, but I want to do the synergy ones, and haven’t pulled the trigger yet. then shock extension as the Mojave is good in that department, but eventually I’ll get a longer travel shock but really liking the feel of a bypass shock and at that cost I’m not that far from coilovers, so so knows.

Dale72

Hooked
I did the stage 1 Overland, then decided I didn’t want to install the control arm relocation brackets for clearance purposes but I still may do it if it’ll help the feel of the drive out. and figured I’d get front control arms to dial it in right, but I want to do the synergy ones, and haven’t pulled the trigger yet. then shock extension as the Mojave is good in that department, but eventually I’ll get a longer travel shock but really liking the feel of a bypass shock and at that cost I’m not that far from coilovers, so so knows.
When you get ready I'll make you a good deal on the synergy front arms that I have. Since I ended up getting the evo arms

sunnysideup

Finally got my EVO 2.5 inch lift installed, used shock extensions and a Synergy front track bar. Didn’t take any pics throughout as I was trying to keep my 19m/o from eating the bolts and washers. But here is a before and after. Overall pretty happy with it, want to figure out a sway bar disconnect solution, and I hope it settles a bit, I’m sitting around 3-3.5 inches of lift which is making me feel like I need to get controls arms up front at least, but we’ll see. Ride is great, slightly stiffer than the stock Mojave springs but I think it feels good.
I have the same lift, and it will settle some. I wanted to keep mine at the 3.5 inch height and added a 1/2 inch spacer on the front and 3/4 spacer on the rear.... mostly so when the truck was filled up for a trip, the lift would still be effective at keeping the tires out of the body. The EVO brackets are easy to install and for me what they added in steering was worth the loss in height... since my truck is a daily driver. I have 9,000 miles on the lift now and it rides great, had the truck offroad and loaded for a few days and it did great.

benatc1

Hooked
I have the same lift, and it will settle some. I wanted to keep mine at the 3.5 inch height and added a 1/2 inch spacer on the front and 3/4 spacer on the rear.... mostly so when the truck was filled up for a trip, the lift would still be effective at keeping the tires out of the body. The EVO brackets are easy to install and for me what they added in steering was worth the loss in height... since my truck is a daily driver. I have 9,000 miles on the lift now and it rides great, had the truck offroad and loaded for a few days and it did great.
That’s good to know, I daily drive mine too so maybe I’ll just throw those brackets on. I think they’ll fix what I’m feeling, plus in going to get adjustable arms to dial everything in. The Mojave drives so great off the lot, but the springs are a bit soft, and as things go I wanted more height, so trying to get that feeling back without spending all my money lol

sunnysideup

I also put on a track bar bracket in the rear to raise that bar to level. It helped a lot with the feel on the road in wind and ruts type stuff. It's a small part but it made a significant difference. I may yet get some adjustable control arms... but I would hate to change the way it feels and drives right now... I'm also unsure of what is better to get (upper or lower). In the front I think the bracket puts it really close to stock... but in the rear I might need to push the axle back 1/2 inch or so... I probably am going at this a lot like you... a little adjustment each time.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Finally got my EVO 2.5 inch lift installed, used shock extensions and a Synergy front track bar. Didn’t take any pics throughout as I was trying to keep my 19m/o from eating the bolts and washers. But here is a before and after. Overall pretty happy with it, want to figure out a sway bar disconnect solution, and I hope it settles a bit, I’m sitting around 3-3.5 inches of lift which is making me feel like I need to get controls arms up front at least, but we’ll see. Ride is great, slightly stiffer than the stock Mojave springs but I think it feels good.
SWEEEEET!!!!!!!!

benatc1

Hooked
Any one out there with a stock suspension Mojave willing to give me a measurement from the bottom of the front spring perch to the lip of the bucket up top on the front spring? Tying to see how much lift I actually have and for the life of me I can’t remember what I measured previously and forgot to measure before I swapped the lift in. Thanks

KICKROX

Hey Ben, been a while since I've been on here (got sick with Covid Pneumonia) but was glad to see you got a Gladiator... I ended up getting one myself, not a Mojave but a Rubicon in the same color. Looks like you've been putting in some work... Say hi to the wife for me and congrats on the family additions.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Not sure if you saw on my thread we were on but I measured the fronts from the pad to the top of the bucket was 11". My two cents on front LCAs: Order MOPAR part 68322798AA. They're the front LCAs from the MOPAR 2' lift kit and they're $30 a piece! I ran them on my JL with synergy 2" springs and it dialed my caster in perfectly. No jam nuts and shit to deal with and $60!

ScoobyCarolanNC

Not sure if you saw on my thread we were on but I measured the fronts from the pad to the top of the bucket was 11". My two cents on front LCAs: Order MOPAR part 68322798AA. They're the front LCAs from the MOPAR 2' lift kit and they're $30 a piece! I ran them on my JL with synergy 2" springs and it dialed my caster in perfectly. No jam nuts and shit to deal with and $60!

That said I'm a huge Synergy fan boy. The collar and pinch bolt design are bullet proof. First thing I did on the Mohave was the front track bar and it changed the handling for the better night & day different.

benatc1

Hooked
Hey Ben, been a while since I've been on here (got sick with Covid Pneumonia) but was glad to see you got a Gladiator... I ended up getting one myself, not a Mojave but a Rubicon in the same color. Looks like you've been putting in some work... Say hi to the wife for me and congrats on the family additions.
Oh man, hope your doing better. I’m really liking the gladiator, it’s been great so far. Say hi to your family as well. I’ll see you around

benatc1

Hooked

Thanks for posting that up. When you say the top of the bucket do you mean the actual top of the upper bucket or where that lip is? I’ll get a measurement tomorrow to report back

benatc1

Hooked
The actual top of the bucket. I figured I'd count that since the spring was inside it.
That’s perfect, just wanted to be sure. So I’m measuring right around 14.5, which tells me about 3.5 inches of lift from a Stock Mojave, which concerns me a bit as Mojave is supposed to already have an inch lift above the rubicon in the front- so would that yield 4+ inches for a rubicon? I’m my past experiences Evo has always been spot on with their lift measurement/advertised, maybe there is a lot of weight variations with the gladiators, nevertheless it Explains why it drove so shitty. I will say it drives awesome now with the steering correction brackets, and I love the ride quality, need to do a little more testing but I think it’s good now. I did target 2.5 inches to still make it feesabile for the wife and kids to get in and out. Will likely need to sort out some step options now.

Dale72

Hooked
That’s perfect, just wanted to be sure. So I’m measuring right around 14.5, which tells me about 3.5 inches of lift from a Stock Mojave, which concerns me a bit as Mojave is supposed to already have an inch lift above the rubicon in the front- so would that yield 4+ inches for a rubicon? I’m my past experiences Evo has always been spot on with their lift measurement/advertised, maybe there is a lot of weight variations with the gladiators, nevertheless it Explains why it drove so shitty. I will say it drives awesome now with the steering correction brackets, and I love the ride quality, need to do a little more testing but I think it’s good now. I did target 2.5 inches to still make it feesabile for the wife and kids to get in and out. Will likely need to sort out some step options now.
I've heard from a few people who have installed this lift on a few different models of JT's now and it's been taller than 2.5. I have 5 more weeks to see what it does with the sport s that I have. Now I'm just hoping that the shocks that I have will work.

Top Bottom