Big Ben's Big Mojave

benatc1

Hooked
I wanna say that Disciple Off Road has a shot of it on their home page and I think it's for a Gladiator too.
That’s actually where I saw them and how I got to their website, cool to hear they are on board here now too. They look good from what I can see, hope to see more pics of the top and how much step there will be. Sure it won’t take long for that to happen.

Lperdue

That’s perfect, just wanted to be sure. So I’m measuring right around 14.5, which tells me about 3.5 inches of lift from a Stock Mojave, which concerns me a bit as Mojave is supposed to already have an inch lift above the rubicon in the front- so would that yield 4+ inches for a rubicon? I’m my past experiences Evo has always been spot on with their lift measurement/advertised, maybe there is a lot of weight variations with the gladiators, nevertheless it Explains why it drove so shitty. I will say it drives awesome now with the steering correction brackets, and I love the ride quality, need to do a little more testing but I think it’s good now. I did target 2.5 inches to still make it feesabile for the wife and kids to get in and out. Will likely need to sort out some step options now.
Hey sorry to bother I took apart my neighbors Mojave and compared it to my rubicon we found that inside the top coil spring perch there is physical metal spacer about 1 inch in width for the hydraulic bump stop. I believe this is why All lift kits in the front at least will be constantly 1 inch taller than comparable Rubicon lift kit.

benatc1

Hooked
Hey sorry to bother I took apart my neighbors Mojave and compared it to my rubicon we found that inside the top coil spring perch there is physical metal spacer about 1 inch in width for the hydraulic bump stop. I believe this is why All lift kits in the front at least will be constantly 1 inch taller than comparable Rubicon lift kit.
Hey Larry, Yea that may make sense, what your talking about is part of the hydraulic bump stop correct? I hadn’t taken it out an measured but I can see how that would make up the extra Mojave inch rather than coming from a taller spring from the factory

Lperdue

Hey Larry, Yea that may make sense, what your talking about is part of the hydraulic bump stop correct? I hadn’t taken it out an measured but I can see how that would make up the extra Mojave inch rather than coming from a taller spring from the factory
6E821AEF-B851-4A2E-A122-00475A1ED997.jpeg E6CC3340-19B5-4D53-BCD1-F77C5716CCF5.jpeg
Yea here is a photo of a rubicon Jt vs a Mojave a lot of people including myself didn’t know that the suspension lift Jeep is talking about on Mojave’s is a basic spacer lift built into the hydraulic bump.

This is supposed to be removed when you add the which and big front bumper.

benatc1

Hooked
View attachment 371223 View attachment 371224
Yea here is a photo of a rubicon Jt vs a Mojave a lot of people including myself didn’t know that the suspension lift Jeep is talking about on Mojave’s is a basic spacer lift built into the hydraulic bump.
Thanks for the pic, that makes sense why I got so much more lift than I was expecting. Will probably be pulling it all off and starting over in the next 6 months anyway.

benatc1

Hooked
You do realize that if you remove it you lose the hydraulic bump stop...one of the main reasons to buy a Mojave.

Also lets not start drama to someone's build thread. There is plenty of threads in the 8th slot to do that lol. 🍻
Truth, but feel free to muck up my build thread anytime. lol

benatc1

Hooked
What are you thinking of going with?
Not 100% sure yet. A lot depends on if it stays my daily driver or not. We have twins on the Way, so it might still be for a bit. But either adding king 2.5s and hydro bumps to the EVO lift I have and selling the whole Mojave set up, and synergy springs. Or selling it all and going bolt on coilovers. Either way I’ll need some steps for the family lol. Always envisioned coilovers but likely not practical with that much lift for a daily with 3 kids, which is fine for now. Gotta keep the wife happy.

Lperdue

Not 100% sure yet. A lot depends on if it stays my daily driver or not. We have twins on the Way, so it might still be for a bit. But either adding king 2.5s and hydro bumps to the EVO lift I have and selling the whole Mojave set up, and synergy springs. Or selling it all and going bolt on coilovers. Either way I’ll need some steps for the family lol. Always envisioned coilovers but likely not practical with that much lift for a daily with 3 kids, which is fine for now. Gotta keep the wife happy.
In March I'm going to EVO's long arms up front. If you want them you can have both the front upper and lower EVO short arms for free if your willing to make the trip out to pick them up. If not they'll probably be collecting dust in the garage or on my neighbors rig.

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats! Twins and coilovers go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Top Bottom