Backup power supply for Jeep

desertrunner

It's probably more expensive set up but the dual battery set up that's in my 4dr works as its own back up jump to the starter. I'd have the pull the wiring diagram again to see exactly how it works but it's pretty neat!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
It's probably more expensive set up but the dual battery set up that's in my 4dr works as its own back up jump to the starter. I'd have the pull the wiring diagram again to see exactly how it works but it's pretty neat!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’d like to do that one day especially if I eventually get an arb fridge or anything else that might drain my battery! But for now a jump box will get me by.

I’d like to do that one day especially if I eventually get an arb fridge or anything else that might drain my battery! But for now a jump box will get me by.

If you’re familiar with wiring you can make your own dual batt setup w/ isolator relatively cheap.
Also you should Probly hook the heated seats to a ignition switched power source.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked
Recently I left my heated seats on all night and my battery was dead [emoji849] we are down to one vehicle so I couldn’t jump it.

Looking into a jump box and saw the reviews on this, was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

View attachment 357087

I have that one and leaving the CB on really draws a lot of battery lol ...works great.

Jumped my brother-in-laws F250 Diesel easily in 32* weather recently :thumb:

Jsouder53

Hooked
If you’re familiar with wiring you can make your own dual batt setup w/ isolator relatively cheap.
Also you should Probly hook the heated seats to a ignition switched power source.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Wiring is not my strong suit lol
I followed the instructions on the installation and could’ve sworn it was an ignition switched power source

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have the Type S as well after seeing Eddie’s review on it. I haven’t used it on the Jeep but I have on a number of other people cars snd my Dads RV with a V10 in it and it had no issue. It’s a great back up to have even if you did have a dual battery setup. It’s so much easier to help other people out instead of trying to position vehicles snd stretch jumper cables to make it work.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I have several of thr jump boxes. My most recent is a 1200 amp one.

I keep one in every vehicle, and two in my work truck.
I have used two, one on each battery, in a 24 volt system on heavy equipment.

I would recommend everyone carry one.

Two years ago, my battery crapped out on the way to the Rubicon, and I made the whole trip with no worries.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have several of thr jump boxes. My most recent is a 1200 amp one.

I keep one in every vehicle, and two in my work truck.
I have used two, one on each battery, in a 24 volt system on heavy equipment.

I would recommend everyone carry one.

Two years ago, my battery crapped out on the way to the Rubicon, and I made the whole trip with no worries.
Yeah I should look into getting one of these. Being alone on the trail with a dead battery would suck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom