Back order they say

Michymich921

2019 Jeep cherokee has been in the shop since November. Missing the radar sensor (#68441352AA). Everyone ive talked to just tells me the part is on backorder Maybe someone on here has some advice for me besides just sit on my ass and wait... im dying here

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I assume you’re still driving it and it isn’t sitting at the dealer? Honestly not much you can do if you’re driving it. Just sit and wait.

I work for GM and it’s a daily headache trying to get parts to fix vehicles. Myself and one other tech have 3-6 vehicles sitting in our lot, undrivable, waiting for parts and have been for months.

Upvote 0

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I assume you’re still driving it and it isn’t sitting at the dealer? Honestly not much you can do if you’re driving it. Just sit and wait.

I work for GM and it’s a daily headache trying to get parts to fix vehicles. Myself and one other tech have 3-6 vehicles sitting in our lot, undrivable, waiting for parts and have been for months.
This! Hope it’s not just sitting there.

Upvote 0

Michymich921

i wish i was.... its been sitting since november. i called again this morning and they said JUNE is est time for it to be made.. its soooo evil

Upvote 0

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i wish i was.... its been sitting since november. i called again this morning and they said JUNE is est time for it to be made.. its soooo evil
If it’s drivable then I would ask if you are able to get it and bring it back once they arrive. It will prob throw annoying messages on the dash and some features disabled but if it isn’t effecting normal drivability I don’t see why you can get it till then.

Upvote 0
If it’s drivable then I would ask if you are able to get it and bring it back once they arrive. It will prob throw annoying messages on the dash and some features disabled but if it isn’t effecting normal drivability I don’t see why you can get it till then.
Dealerships seem to get rewarded somehow by having a huge backlog of vehicles waiting to be serviced. The dealership I was using was that way but I switched dealerships and it was a night and day difference. 1 day wait for someone to do something useful vs two weeks and they tell me "everything is fine" or "can not reproduce".

Upvote 0

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Dealerships seem to get rewarded somehow by having a huge backlog of vehicles waiting to be serviced. The dealership I was using was that way but I switched dealerships and it was a night and day difference. 1 day wait for someone to do something useful vs two weeks and they tell me "everything is fine" or "can not reproduce".
Lol trust me we don’t get rewarded for backlog of vehicles waiting on parts. Also as a tech when shit is under warranty, if I can’t find a problem with your vehicle, I don’t get paid. It’s more beneficial for me to find something wrong then not

Upvote 0

One of my employees has a 2018 Chevy Silverado and the rack and pinion went out and are on back order with no ETA. they traded the truck in because of it.

Upvote 0
My theory is that "dead on their feet" businesses owned by investment oriented companies can show that they have a lot of pending business (i.e. value) by showing that they have a parking lot full of vehicles waiting for repair. The queue for repair assures continued employment for the service department.

The place I was going to (not any more!) was owned by Warren Buffett's company and always required 5 days in their parking lot before they could look at anything.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom