Back in a Jeep - another lift/general questions

vonguido

Hey folks,

I recently purchased a 2015 JKU Rubicon HardRock edition w/ less than 35,XXX miles on it bone stock.
I’m currently planning out modifications, honestly upgrades will probably happen in “waves”.

This Jeep is going to see 75-85% of its life on pavement. The other times it will see forestry, logging roads, roads to get to a campsite, etc. and the occasional true off-road course/obstacles. I live in Ohio so no rocks out here. I’d love to eventually do the Rubicon trail with my 2 older boys(11 and 10) but that’s still a ways away. I would like your thoughts on a few things based on how it is currently being used:

electronics:
I have been a long time follower of the wayalife YouTube channel, and posted my old XJ many years ago on this forum. With that being said I used to see how Spod was the go to for electronics management, however there seems to have been a shift to switch pros. Is Switch Pros still the most recommended option? I want simple and safe. Some lights, compressor and maybe a few other items will be running off it.

Suspension/Tires:
I’m not going to lie and say I have no interest in running 37s, because I’d love to. However I know it’s probably not the best route to go for what my Jeep will see. So I want a lift that can accommodate them if I decide to take that dive, along with all the other items that would be required. So 35s for now, unless you all think I can do 37s??.
JKS, Rock Crawler, Icon, Teraflex, AEV, EVO, OME / 2.5” - 3.5”
Budget for the lift is about $3Kish with or without shocks - I can toss more money into it, if it’s the right lift/deal.

electronic sway bar issues:
Seems to be an issue with the electronic sway bar disconnect having issues. Is the anti-rock the only real replacement? I’m new to a electronic sway bar disconnect I’m used to getting under the Jeep and disconnecting them.

general “bulletproofing”:
Are there any things I should look at fixing/adding that will remedy any factory JK issues to increase the longevity? Oil catch can, trans cooler, etc?

thanks in advance all. Attached is a picture of my boys and I at Jeep fest a couple weeks ago.
E7C82C65-727F-4773-B366-1B3EB4CB4529.jpeg

Bear_JT

Hooked
Congrats on the JK. You’ll find all the answers to your questions here but in a nut shell and in my opinion, Switch-Pros over spod any day. EVO lift is a solid choice. 3.5” lift is a good start to have options between 35’s and 37’s. Run the factory electronic sway bar disconnect. If it gives you problems you can use the EVO manual disconnect for it. Oil catch can is not needed and is a waste of money. Trans cooler shouldn’t be necessary.

Upvote 0
I'd also recommend EVO lifts - going with their 3" kit for 35s. One that's 3.5" is perfect for 35s and stock flares IMO, and 37s if you'll be cutting or replacing them. Solid height/setup that balances looks, center of gravity, and wheel travel and articulation. Clean Jeep by the way!

Upvote 0

MericaMade

electronics:
I have been a long time follower of the wayalife YouTube channel, and posted my old XJ many years ago on this forum. With that being said I used to see how Spod was the go to for electronics management, however there seems to have been a shift to switch pros. Is Switch Pros still the most recommended option? I want simple and safe. Some lights, compressor and maybe a few other items will be running off it.
Yes, Switch Pros is a much better product all around and owned by really good people. Highly recommend them!
Suspension/Tires:
I’m not going to lie and say I have no interest in running 37s, because I’d love to. However I know it’s probably not the best route to go for what my Jeep will see. So I want a lift that can accommodate them if I decide to take that dive, along with all the other items that would be required. So 35s for now, unless you all think I can do 37s??.
JKS, Rock Crawler, Icon, Teraflex, AEV, EVO, OME / 2.5” - 3.5”
Budget for the lift is about $3Kish with or without shocks - I can toss more money into it, if it’s the right lift/deal.
Evo 3 inch is a great lift and the best IMO. I ran 3 inch on 37's with my fenders trimmed for a long time and had zero issues. Loved that kit with the 2.5 Kings. You dont have to do Kings right out the gate but they are really nice.
electronic sway bar issues:
Seems to be an issue with the electronic sway bar disconnect having issues. Is the anti-rock the only real replacement? I’m new to a electronic sway bar disconnect I’m used to getting under the Jeep and disconnecting them.
Check out the Evo manuel disconnect best $100 bucks you will spend.

Upvote 0

SLO

to clarify, are you saying you are having issues with your disconnect or you have heard that they tend to have issues?

Upvote 0

Adidas4275

Congrats on the JK. You’ll find all the answers to your questions here but in a nut shell and in my opinion, Switch-Pros over spod any day. EVO lift is a solid choice. 3.5” lift is a good start to have options between 35’s and 37’s. Run the factory electronic sway bar disconnect. If it gives you problems you can use the EVO manual disconnect for it. Oil catch can is not needed and is a waste of money. Trans cooler shouldn’t be necessary.
Transcooler has been necessary for me with my JK on 37s .... we have a 2010 and the 42RLE cries with 37s even with 5.13s

Upvote 0
Top Bottom